The TEI Sector Assistance Strategy is an initiative of the NSW Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) to support the TEI (Targeted Early Intervention) sector as it transitions to a service system that maximises positive outcomes for families and communities.
NCOSS was engaged by DCJ to deliver sector support activities across the state from July 2018 to June 2021, with a final report submitted in October 2021. The activities included practice workshops, individualised support and targeted learning circles - all made available to TEI-funded services at no cost. This page includes project resources, information and links, to serve as references to future similar efforts in the sector.
KEY TEI RESOURCES (DCJ)
- NSW Targeted Earlier Intervention Reform (August 2016) - brief history and reform directions
- TEI Sector Assistance Strategy (2017) - outlined how existing TEI-funded services will be supported to ‘effectively and confidently transition to the new TEI program'.
- TEI Program Outcomes Framework (July 2018) - underpins the way that TEI services are to capture client and community outcomes, as reflected in Program Logics.
- DCJ TEI Program webpage - your go-to page for TEI resources and all things TEI
NCOSS END-OF-PROJECT REPORTS
NCOSS USEFUL RESOURCES
A Quick Guide to Renegotiating Your Service Contract - NCOSS drafted this guide to provide the sector with tips and reminders in the renegotiation of TEI service contracts.
NCOSS TEI 'cheat sheets' (current at June 2019)
- Top 5 Questions about Data Exchange (DEX) SCORE
- Top 5 Questions about Reporting Group Clients on DEX
- SCORE Outcomes and TEI Service Types Matrix
STAGE 2 (late 2018 to June 2020)
TEI Practice Workshops (Fams 'Measuring Outcomes and the Logic Model that Supports It')
- NSW roll-out, April to June 2019
- Second roll-out, July to August 2019
- Final roll-out, Sept to Oct 2019
- Results of NCOSS/Fams Practice Workshops (and other project outcomes, December 2019 update)
- Fams Final report - Measuring Outcomes and the Logic behind it- Nov 2019
- Request for Individualised Support form
- "Entry interview" guide and Support Plan template
- Completion of Individualised Support form
- Feedback form upon completion of support
- Sample of Support Activities under TEI Individualised Support
- List of Individualised Support Providers
STAGE 3 (July 2020 to June 2021)
- Flowchart Stage 3 TEI Individualised Support
- 1-REQUEST FORM Stage 3 TEI Individualised Support-Feb 2020
- 1a-REQUEST FORM Stage 3 TEI Individualised Support-Dec 2020
- 2-ENTRY INTERVIEW-SUPPORT PLAN Stage 3 TEI IS
- Support Agency Completion Advice Stage 3 TEI Individualised Support - online form
- Feedback (TEI service provider) Stage 3 Individualised Support - online form
- NCOSS TEI Individualised Support Panel (Stage 3)