NCOSS TEI Sector Assistance Strategy project
The TEI Sector Assistance Strategy is an initiative of the NSW Department of Communities and Justice (DCJ) to support the TEI (Targeted Early Intervention) sector as it transitions to a service system that maximises positive outcomes for families and communities.
NCOSS was engaged by DCJ to deliver sector support activities across the state from July 2018 to June 2021, with a final report submitted in October 2021. The activities included practice workshops, individualised support and targeted learning circles - all made available to TEI-funded services at no cost. This page includes project resources, information and links, to serve as references to future similar efforts in the sector.
KEY TEI RESOURCES (DCJ)
- NSW Targeted Earlier Intervention Reform (August 2016) - brief history and reform directions
- TEI Sector Assistance Strategy (2017) - outlined how existing TEI-funded services will be supported to ‘effectively and confidently transition to the new TEI program'.
- TEI Program Outcomes Framework (July 2018) - underpins the way that TEI services are to capture client and community outcomes, as reflected in Program Logics.
- DCJ TEI Program webpage - your go-to page for TEI resources and all things TEI
NCOSS END-OF-PROJECT REPORTS
NCOSS TEI Sector Assistance Strategy Stage 2: Completion and Outcomes Report
NCOSS TEI Stage 3 Completion and Outcomes Report - to be released soon, please watch this space.
NCOSS USEFUL RESOURCES
A Quick Guide to Renegotiating Your Service Contract - NCOSS drafted this guide to provide the sector with tips and reminders in the renegotiation of TEI service contracts.
NCOSS TEI 'cheat sheets' (current at June 2019)
- Top 5 Questions about Data Exchange (DEX) SCORE
- Top 5 Questions about Reporting Group Clients on DEX
- SCORE Outcomes and TEI Service Types Matrix
STAGE 2 (late 2018 to June 2020)
TEI Practice Workshops (Fams 'Measuring Outcomes and the Logic Model that Supports It')
- NSW roll-out, April to June 2019
- Second roll-out, July to August 2019
- Final roll-out, Sept to Oct 2019
- Results of NCOSS/Fams Practice Workshops (and other project outcomes, December 2019 update)
- Fams Final report - Measuring Outcomes and the Logic behind it- Nov 2019
Is NCOSS’ TEI Individualised Support right for you? View updated resources & FAQs (July 2019)
FAQs about NCOSS’ TEI Individualised Support and how to access it (April 2019)
Stage 2 Individualised Support Service Continuity-COVID19 response
- Request for Individualised Support form
- "Entry interview" guide and Support Plan template
- Completion of Individualised Support form
- Feedback form upon completion of support
- Sample of Support Activities under TEI Individualised Support
- List of Individualised Support Providers
STAGE 3 (July 2020 to June 2021)
Info and FAQs about NCOSS Stage 3 TEI Individualised Support
Stage 3 TEI Individualised Support- Service Continuity Guidelines during COVID19
NCOSS TEI Sector Assistance Forum participants
- Flowchart Stage 3 TEI Individualised Support
- 1-REQUEST FORM Stage 3 TEI Individualised Support-Feb 2020
- 1a-REQUEST FORM Stage 3 TEI Individualised Support-Dec 2020
- 2-ENTRY INTERVIEW-SUPPORT PLAN Stage 3 TEI IS
- Support Agency Completion Advice Stage 3 TEI Individualised Support - online form
- Feedback (TEI service provider) Stage 3 Individualised Support - online form
- NCOSS TEI Individualised Support Panel (Stage 3)