NCOSS policy and advocacy, in partnership with our members, key stakeholders, and the broader community services sector, continues to have a real impact on important issues for our communities and the sector.
Together we can influence change.
Whether it’s through:
- Raising awareness and contributing to informed public debate on the nature of disadvantage and poverty in our community - NCOSS Cost of Living in NSW: Austerity Hits Home
- Advocating for a better deal for the social and community services sector
- Collaborating with peaks and other sector colleagues to achieve increased investment in essential services - from accommodation options to keep rough sleepers safe, to better mental health support for students in public high schools
- Advising Government on sector and community concerns, with a view to influencing decisions and collaborating on solutions: Community Sector Updates from NCOSS and NSW Department of Communities and Justice (link to DCJ/NCOSS videos, waiting on update to COVID resource page)
- Providing a one-stop online hub of information, resources and advice for our members responding in times of crisis: COVID-19 Community Sector Resource & Bushfire Relief Assistance Resource
- Supporting the sector and promoting its value - Report on disability advocacy, representative and information organisations
We aim to deliver practical results and make a tangible difference with and for our members and those individuals, families and communities in NSW experiencing disadvantage.
Join NCOSS today to be part of making the change you want to see in NSW.