All forms of essential service delivery should continue where possible. If your service has been significantly impacted by COVID-19, or you think it will be, and you may have difficulty meeting your contract requirements, speak to your contract manager about the developing situation and any contingency plans that may need to be put in place. We have assurances your usual funding arrangements should not be impacted, if there is a need to temporarily suspend or change some elements of your service in response to COVID-19.
If you receive a report of a client or staff member being infected, first contact your local Public Health Unit or call the state-wide number 1300 066 055 and follow the prompts.
If you have staff members that test positive for COVID-19, or are undergoing testing because they are considered at-risk, and this disrupts your staffing levels and service delivery, please contact your contract manager to discuss an appropriate response.
General advice and tools
- Important considerations for your organisation NCOSS – a preliminary checklist of questions and issues to consider for your service continuity planning for COVID-19 impacts.
- Health advice for service providers Department of Communities and Justice
- COVID-19 Safety Plans NSW Government
- Practice Guidance for Virtual Home Visits Department of Communities and Justice
- Aon Insurance Brokers and Risk Managers - has developed a range of COVID-19 resources for employers. Their resources include:
- COVID-19 Response Planning Preparedness Considerations – a comprehensive decision-making toolkit.
- Industry Planning and Preparedness Community Services Industry Alliance
- Scenario Planning Tool – Health Event Community Services Industry Alliance
- COVID-19 National Funding Platform Australian Communities Foundation & Philanthropy Australia – a national funding platform to coordinate the philanthropic response to the COVID-19 pandemic. Eligible proposals from NFPs will be listed on the COVID-19 Funding Platform Granting Opportunities register, and be searchable by the public and prospective funders.
- COVID-19 Small Grants Federation of Ethnic Communities' Councils of Australia.