For more of the latest information on how to plan for service continuity during COVID-19, see the NCOSS COVID-19 Community Sector Resource.
We are working with the Department of Communities and Justice and NSW Health to ensure that advice specific to different programs and service types, addressing the particular issues and challenges each face, is developed and widely distributed. NCOSS CEO, Joanna Quilty, regularly joins Simone Walker, Deputy Secretary, Strategy, Policy and Commissioning at DCJ in video updates to answer your questions with clear, accurate information about how COVID-19 is impacting the community services sector.
We have assurances that your funding should not be impacted, if there is a need to temporarily suspend some elements of your service. If you think your service will be significantly impacted by COVID-19 and you may have difficulty meeting your contract requirements, speak to your contract manager about the developing situation and any contingency plans that may need to be put in place.
Continued Support for Service Providers During COVID-19
13 August 2020
- Due to COVID-19 we’ve extended your time to submit by 7 weeks. You have until 18 December 2020 but there can be no further requests for extensions. If you can, please try and get your assessments in as early as possible.
- We are establishing a Specialist Assessment Team to focus on financials. We’re doing this because we are in such unknown territory with COVID and we want to be sure that our contract managers are freed up to assist you if needed.
- We are aiming to have the whole process finished by 31 March next year and are hoping to have similar results to this year, where 98.11 per cent of assessments were rated low, medium or no risk.
- For those of you who received special COVID-19 payments there are special instructions on how to report these payments and how to report any Commonwealth funding you received.
- We are also asking you whether you identify as an Aboriginal organisation, and the percentage of your staff and clients that identify as Aboriginal – so we can see the change to the Aboriginal organisations we fund and the targets we set for Aboriginal service delivery over time.
8 July 2020: Overcoming service delivery challenges during COVID-19
16 June 2020: Supporting vulnerable people beyond COVID-19 (Part 2)
16 June 2020: Supporting vulnerable people beyond COVID-19 (Part 1)
15 May 2020: COVID-19 update for service providers
1 May 2020: Supporting service providers during COVID-19
5 April 2020: Aligning our services during COVID 19
3 April 2020: Preparing for spike in DFV during COVID-19 pandemic
29 March 2020: Continuing to provide essential services