CALD Project Officer
Reporting to the Manager Policy and Research, the primary responsibility of the CALD Project Officer is to work in partnership with the Carers NSW Research Team and external stakeholders to conduct focus groups with under-researched groups of culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD) carers in NSW.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities include:
- Establish and convene a Project Advisory Committee consisting of representatives from CALD community organisations and social researchers
- Liaise with key stakeholders and partner organisations in order to organise and promote focus groups with CALD carers.
- Engage interpreters and co-facilitators for focus group delivery, as needed.
- Develop translated materials to support the running of focus groups with CALD carers, including fact sheets on aged care and disability reforms.
- Work with the Research Team and Project Advisory Committee to translate and apply Carer Survey materials for CALD carer support groups, as appropriate.
- Collect and collate data regarding the effectiveness of the focus groups and resource development.