PSP (Permanency Support Program) Coordinator
Anglicare NSW South, NSW West, & ACT (Big Splash on behalf of )
Full Time Permanent
Identified Aboriginal and or Torres Strait Islander people position, under Section 14 of the anti-discrimination act.
Yiriyirimbang (which means Happy, Sacred, Comforted) is an Aboriginal agency under the banner of Anglicare in partnership with Orange Aboriginal Medical Service. It aims to help children in care remain connected to their Aboriginal culture and identity. The service also supports families to maintain the care of their children, and/or have their children restored to their long-term care. This will involve working intensively with families, Case Managers and Care Teams to implement practice frameworks that increase parenting capacity and provide sustained protective care for children.
We are seeking a Coordinator/Manager who is passionate about improving the lives of vulnerable children and young people and developing a team to achieve outcomes for youth in Anglicare PSP. You will be the leader of a case work team which is in the process of transition from Anglicare to OAMS who us providing foster care support to Aboriginal children. You will play a vital role in making sure Aboriginal children and young people have the opportunity to grow in loving, safe and committed Aboriginal kinship or foster family placements.
Your responsibilities include working closely with youth and their care team in implementing case plans, service delivery, individual and care team support.
We hope you have the following attributes:
- Current, understanding of the Permanency Support Program (PSP) services;
- Leadership skills and case management experience;
- Experience in working with Aboriginal children, young people, their families and communities
- Cultural competence in supporting the placement needs of Aboriginal children, young people and ther families involved in the PSP program;
- Diploma of Community services or other relevant qualification, highly desired Tertiary qualifications in social work, psychology or a related discipline (or having already substantially commenced these qualifications). Willing to discuss relevant qualifications;
- A valid driver's license and WWCC.
The salary range for this position is $77,360 to $81,411 per annum full time, plus 9.5% employer superannuation guarantee. Generous salary packaging benefits are available under Anglicare's PBI status. Anglicare also offers other benefits including additional personal leave and paid parental leave. The position will transition to work with Orange Aboriginal Medical Service following the future planned transfer of the Yiriyirimbang service to this organisation.
Applications are sought from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander People pursuant to Section 14 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 NSW.
Applicants will be required to undertake the psychometric profiling instrument - SafeSelectTM. Applicants must obtain a Working With Children clearance through the Office of the Children's Guardian (NSW) and undergo a National Criminal History Check prior to an offer of employment. We can assist you through this process!