Relationships Australia NSW (Big Splash on behalf of RANSW)
- Leading Not-For-Profit Organisation
- Join a great team of Relationship Educators/Group Facilitators
- Casual employment opportunity
- Based in Wollongong - Illawarra Centre
RANSW provides relationship support services for individuals, couples, families, and communities. We are a not-for-profit Australian organisation with no religious affiliations. Our goal is to promote relationships that are safe, healthy and resilient.
We are seeking talented individuals to join the Relationship Education Program in the Illawarra Centre in Wollongong as Relationship Educator.
About the role
You will have a background & experience with complex, challenging client situations including domestic and family violence, men's violence and children from families experience domestic and family violence.
Some of the responsibilities will include:
- Provide quality client service in Relationship Education Groupwork programs, including working with individuals (men, women, and children), couples and in some instances whole families
- Lead groups, creating a therapeutic learning environment for clients to explore individual, couple and family relationship issues
- Ability to engage with the LGBTIQ+, CaLD, Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander communities
- Ability to work as part of a team to develop the Relationship Education program and courses
About the successful candidates
This is a casual role and work is dependent upon the group schedule set for each term. The successful candidate may also be required to work fortnightly Saturdays and outside of normal office hours (i.e. after 5pm). The days and hours of work will be arranged with the successful candidate.
- Relevant qualifications in counselling, psychology, social work, health promotion, adult education, community welfare or similar field (minimum Diploma level) including group work training
- Experience responding to domestic violence and to identify and assess risk for all family members
- Demonstrated understanding of the complexities of family relationships and the impact of issues affecting couples, families, and children including family safety
- Ability to relate to a wide range of people from diverse backgrounds
- Excellent interpersonal skills including verbal and written abilities
- Effective IT skills, including use of data bases and a range of Microsoft Office programs