Local Coordination Point Intake and Referral Officer
CatholicCare - Diocese of Broken Bay
About the role
Our WDVCAS team provide support, advocacy, referrals and information for women experiencing domestic violence. We help women and their children with information about
domestic and family violence, and how to get protection from the court. We
see clients before, during, and after court.
- Assisting the Safety Action Meeting Co-ordinator to develop and administer policies, systems and processes for the effective operation of the Local Coordination Point and the Safety Action Meeting.
- Accepting electronic referrals from the Central Referral Point as well as telephone and paper referrals from government agencies and non-government services.
- Contacting clients referred to the Local Coordination Point in a timely and appropriate manner to offer a service.
- Conducting a threat assessment with clients to ascertain current risk status.
- Making warm referrals to a range of agencies and services to assist clients with their ongoing needs, such as counselling, legal advice and representation, accommodation and court advocacy.
- Developing and maintaining strong working relationships with key WDVCAS partners including NSW Police Force, Local Courts, legal representatives and referral agencies, in order to facilitate client access to those agencies and services.