The position will provide intensive support, outreach and flexible, specialist services that align with principles of self-determination and meet the needs of this vulnerable target group within a transitional housing setting. The position would be required to work as part of a large team to provide intensive support services to young people between 16-24 years within the South Western Sydney district.
The position functions under the supervision of the Intensive Support Team Leader.
- Implement strategies to support client's achieve their goals on a day-to-day basis through case management
- Work closely with Young People within transitional accommodation and support them towards independence
- Assist clients to develop and achieve living skills in conjunction with their needs as identified in their case plans
- Support and resource clients with access to information and ensure they are provided with different pathways to vocational education and employment
- Respond and support to clients with a flexible approach to their emotional needs
- Work with the Early Intervention team and other areas of Youth Services, to engage, assist and support family mediation