Youth Residential Worker
CORE Community Services Ltd
- Exciting opportunity to support young people achieve positive outcomes
- Be part of a supportive and dedicated team
- Attractive hourly rate and salary packaging with a steady roster
The position focuses on providing accommodation to young people who are homeless or at risk of homelessness, predominately in the age range of 12 -24 years’ old. The program will focus on working with young people and supporting them with accommodation, education and training pathways within South Western Sydney district and enhance the social and living skills of clients, by supporting them with their physical, emotional and developmental needs.
We are looking for experienced, passionate and committed Youth Workers to inspire and be a positive role model, able to manage trauma- based behaviour and cope empathetically with complex needs clients.
- Implement strategies to assist clients achieve outcomes agreed in their case plans
- Respond and support clients with a flexible approach to their emotional needs
- Work with the Early Intervention team if needed, to engage and support family mediation
- Encourage and assist clients to appropriate educational or training pathways
- Promote and support clients in developing their independent living skills
- Assist clients into a supported and stable exit pathway