- Want to be part of something great?
- Make a real different in the local community
- Looking for a work-from-home opportunity?
Our client is seeking an experienced professional to coordinate a very significant project in Blacktown & surrounding communities.
About the Blacktown Domestic & Family Violence Leadership Group
The Blacktown Domestic & Family Violence Leadership Group brings together leaders from both government and non-government services providers in the Blacktown LGA.
With a shared vision that Blacktown City has a coordinated and informed approach to domestic and family violence with quality responses that lead to safe homes and safe communities that focuses on prevention as well as intervention.
The work of this group provides the platform for shared commitment and a roadmap to realise their vision for the future. It will encompass a range of priority areas that ensure the community, government and non-government organisations are supported to take action including integrated responses, data sharing, community education, advocacy and social change.
About the Opportunity
This position will:
- undertake community consultation to establish priorities and levels of understanding/ awareness of domestic and family violence
- undertake broader stakeholder consultations to develop an agreed action plan for how to address the established priorities and strategies arising from the community consultations
- finalise and support the implementation of the Blacktown City Domestic & Family Violence Strategic Framework and action plan
- develop an approach to service system improvements including strengthened collaboration, communication and referral pathways will be sustainable and provide ongoing benefits to both the community and organisations
- advocate for inclusion of key local priorities, issues and solutions in relevant policies at a local, state and federal level
- work with the Blacktown Domestic & Family Violence Leadership including attendance at meetings, liaising with the Co-Chairs, progressing agreed initiatives and working closely with the Leadership Group secretariat
The role is Part-Time at 7 hours per week for a 12-month period. Salary is classified between level 7-8 in the NSW SCHADS Award (Pay Point to be determined based on experience). The role is based primarily working from home initially, but some centre-based meetings and work will be required.
|Applications Close||December 8, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Community Development|
|Employment Basis||Part Time|
|Salary Range||$90,001 +|
What you’ll need to succeed…
- Minimum of 10 years work experience within Community Services Sector or similar
- Demonstrated ability to lead projects, design and implement improvement initiatives
- Excellent ability to use initiative, prioritise work and meet deadlines
- Demonstrated experience in consulting with senior managers and staff at all levels of an organisation
- Excellent engagement and networking skills including the ability to engage different audiences in knowledge transfer and influencing change
- Proven ability to present and communicate complex ideas clearly, effectively and engagingly to a range of audiences
- Proven experience in initiating and maintaining relationships with key stakeholders
- Proven experience in contracting, consulting, advisory work and coaching
- Innovative, flexible and adaptable with an ability to thrive under pressure and enjoy new challenges
Being a woman a genuine occupational qualification for this position under s.31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
What you’ll get in return…
- Salary Packaging – increase your take home pay
- High level of diversity in role
- Innovative place based project and collaborative working environment
If you have a sound background in the community services sector and you’re looking for a flexible role, then this is the role for you!
How to Apply
For more information, you can find an Information Pack (including the Full Job Description) on our website www.totalworkforceservices.com.au or call us on (02) 4555 4634 for a confidential chat.
To apply, please send us your resume and a cover letter (either written or video) that tells us:
- What motivated you to apply for this position?
- What sector experience you have that will make you successful in this role.
- How would you ensure set goals are met despite the short timeframe
- A key thing you do to ensure your communication is effective and why. How do you know it’s effective?
- What the first thing you do to develop a rapport with a person you are meeting for the first time?
Closing date: Wednesday 8th December 2021
Before starting work with this employer, you will need to undertake a National Police Check and have clearance to Work with Children/vulnerable people.
Total Workforce Services
|Phone number||02 4555 4634|