The Senior Lecturer will be responsible to the Head of Discipline of Social Work and Social Policy with accountability to the Head of School of Allied Health. The appointee will be motivated to deliver quality teaching and unit co-ordination in Social Work and Social Policy courses. They will oversee the design and development of one or more units, supervision for student dissertation research projects and marking of dissertation projects and presentations and supervision of HDR students. They will actively participate in developing the Social Work and Social Policy teaching and research strategy to align with the School of Allied Health’s teaching and research strategy.
They will also undertake research and actively strive to obtain research funding, individually or in collaboration, as well as supervising research students and contribute to the academic environment of the School.
The successful applicant will be awarded Visa and Relocation support if applicable.
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are encouraged to apply.
|Applications Close||June 27, 2023|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Training & Education|
|Job Field||Education & Training|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Salary Range||$120K - $150K|
|Location||Outside NSW, Western Australia|
A PhD qualification is essential.
- Demonstrated knowledge of, and teaching experience in a university environment. A teaching portfolio is recommended evidence of teaching experience.
- Demonstrated ability to administer and coordinate academic units and programs in teaching and learning.
- Familiarity with flexible teaching methods, such as case enhanced learning and e-learning.
- Demonstrated achievement and experience in obtaining research grants and undertaking research.
- Demonstrated achievement and experience to write and publish journal articles and other publications.
- Demonstrated achievement in supervising PhD students to completion
- Demonstrated excellence in management and organisational skills and leadership qualities.
- Evidence of a high level of interpersonal skills, verbal and written communication, and demonstrated ability to relate well to staff and students at all levels.
- Eligibility for membership and maintenance of good standing with the Australian Association of Social Workers (AASW)
How to Apply
Please apply online via the Apply Now button via this link
The University of Western Australia
The University of Western Australia (UWA) is ranked among the top 100 universities in the world and a member of the prestigious Australian Group of Eight research intensive universities. With a strong research track record, vibrant campus and working environments, supported by the freedom to innovate and inspire, there is no better time to join Western Australia’s top university.