Join the counselling team as our Intake Counsellor, working closely with all staff in mixed modalities, ensuring clients are adequately matched to the services they need both internally and externally to the Centre.
|Applications Close||December 1, 2023|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Psychology & Counselling|
|Employment Basis||Part Time|
|Location||Greater Blue Mountains|
Relevant tertiary level qualifications in counselling, social work or psychology.
- A minimum of 2 years’ experience in working with women in a counselling/therapeutic relationship.
- Experience in assessment and referral processes.
- Knowledge of issues including domestic violence, sexual assault, child protection, intersectional feminism, and issues impacting Priority Populations, and how they impact on women’s and children’s health.
- Experience in the delivery of trauma informed care.
- Experience in contributing to individual and systemic advocacy relating to key issues impacting women’s mental health and well-being.
- Experience in record keeping and documentation skills.
- Ability and preparedness to work self-directed as well as part of a team.
- Commitment to work within the philosophy of the BMWHRC women’s health centre (i.e., recognition of women’s right to self-determination, diversity and inclusivity).
- Ability to successfully complete the Working with Children Check.
- Ability to successfully complete a National Police Check.
- BMWHRC also requires that all staff to be fully vaccinated and provide evidence of this.
- Experience working with young women.
- Experience and/or training in drug and alcohol and mental health.
- Experience in health promotion.
- Experience with working with women of different cultural backgrounds, ages, sexualities, and indigenous women.
- A driver’s license and comprehensively insured vehicle.
For a full Job Description please see the job posting on our website www.bmwhrc.org
Blue Mountains Women’s Health and Resource Centre encourages applications from First Nations or CALD women. Being female is considered a genuine occupational requirement of this position. Exemption is claimed in accordance with the NSW Anti-Discrimination Act (1977) under Section 31 (2) (h) of the Act
How to Apply
Please email your application addressing the selection criteria along with your CV to email@example.com, Attn: Angelique Sasagi, by 5pm, Friday 1 December. For any enquiries please call Cherie Brandon on 4782 5133.
Blue Mountains Women's Health and Resource Centre
BMWHRC is an holistic and trauma informed women's health service based in the Blue Mountains. We aim to combat gaps in gender-based health and welcome women from all walks of life.
|Phone number||02 4782 5133|