- This event has passed.
Living In Lockdown - NCOSS, ACOSS & City of Sydney Online Forum
September 1, 2021 @ 12:30 pm - 2:30 pm
Join ACOSS, NCOSS and City of Sydney to discuss the impact of lockdowns on people on the lowest incomes. The discussion will feature speakers from local community service organisations, as well as people excluded from the Federal Government’s Covid Disaster Payments, and struggling to get by on the $44 a day JobSeeker rate.
Date: 1 September 2021
Time: 12:30pm to 2:00pm
Since the beginning of lockdown in Sydney, community service organisations have reported a huge surge in demand from people experiencing financial distress.
And we’ve been inundated with hundreds of stories from members of the ‘Raise the Rate for Good’ community who have shared their experiences of facing homelessness, struggling to pay for groceries and to cover the basics.
We need to make sure that these stories are heard - please join us for this virtual forum to hear directly from communities bearing the brunt of the pandemic.
The event will feature speakers from Homelessness NSW, the Asylum Seeker Centre, Mudjin-Gal Aboriginal Women’s Centre, and Counterpoint Community Services, alongside individuals struggling to get by on the $44 a day JobSeeker rate.
- Dr Cassandra Goldie, CEO, Australian Council of Social Service (Co-Convenor) MC
- Ms Joanna Quilty, CEO, NSW Council of Social Service
- Ms Monica Barone, CEO, City of Sydney
- Uncle Allan Murray, Metropolitan Local Aboriginal Land Council - Welcome to Country
- Ms Katherine McKernan, CEO, Homelessness NSW
- Ms Ashlee Donohue, Mudgin-Gal Aboriginal Women’s Centre
- Ms Frances Rush OAM, CEO, Asylum Seekers’ Centre
- Michael Shreenan, Executive Officer, Counterpoint Community Services
We are committed to providing accessible and inclusive events. Live captioning services will be provided for this event. If you have any access or communication needs, please contact 0418 479 243 and we will be happy to discuss your needs.