Metro Assist and Rosemount Good Shepherd are seeking to fill a position of Financial Counsellor as part of the Inner Western Sydney Financial Counselling Service. The position will provide financial counselling to residents within the Inner West of Sydney – Strathfield, Canada Bay, Burwood, Ashfield, Leichhardt, Marrickville and Canterbury. It is a generalist position but has a focus on CALD communities.
As part of our motivated and professional team the principal objectives of the position are:
- To provide direct casework services to residents experiencing financial hardship;
- To develop and implement innovative community education on financial issues with identified communities across the Inner West;
- To develop networks across community agencies within the Inner West.
The Principal Duties will be:
- Undertake casework, and provide information and options to low income and vulnerable families and individuals experiencing financial hardship;
- Provide direct assistance to clients through face to face casework; advocacy and telephone information;
- To maintain statistics using the Metro Assist database and prepare client statistical reports as requested;
- To establish extensive networks within the government and non-government sectors to ensure a collegial and coordinated approach to service delivery and foster appropriate referral partnerships;
- To design and deliver relevant community education programs to identified targets, including community agencies and residents;
- To assist in the development of work plans and strategic plans for the service to ensure needs of the target group are met;
- To assist in developing project ideas and funding applications and submissions for the delivery of financial information resources within the Inner West;
- To assist in responding to relevant issue papers and recommendations on topics relevant to the financial needs of residents within the Inner West;
- To actively participate within the FCAN Network, including attending training and network meetings;
- To prepare and submit reports as required by the Management of Metro Assist and Rosemount Good Shepherd and the funding body, NSW Fair Trading.