Counsellor - Disability Royal Commission
Relationships Australia NSW (Big Splash on behalf of RANSW)
- An exciting opportunity for an experienced Counsellor to work with our Disability Royal Commission Counselling Service
- Full time and part-time fixed-term roles until June 2022
- This service will be delivered from Macquarie Park, Sydney City, and Mount Druitt
Relationships Australia NSW (RANSW) believes everyone is entitled to positive, supportive and healthy relationships. Our work is centred on building strong family relationships and community connections. As a leading independent non-profit organisation, we focus on those in greatest need, and we conduct our work with respect for differences and social inclusiveness.
RANSW is undergoing an exciting growth stage. We are currently looking for suitably qualified and experienced Counsellors to provide counselling to people who have been impacted by the Disability Royal Commission, primarily living in NSW. These positions are fixed term until 30 June 2022.
The RANSW Disability Royal Commission Counselling service assists people who have been affected by the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect and Exploitation of People with Disability. This includes people who have told their story, are waiting to tell their story or want to provide a written submission to the Commission. It also includes family members, carers, and support workers of people with a disability.
About the role
Some of the responsibilities of the successful applicant will include:
- Provide quality counselling to people impacted by the Royal Commission into Violence, Abuse, Neglect, and Exploitation of People with Disability
- Provide trauma-informed support, information, and referral to facilitate client well-being
- Conduct sessions using multiple mediums including face to face, telephone, and online
- Work as part of a team
- Provide quality customer service to clients and internal customers
About the successful candidate:
- Formal tertiary qualifications in Social Work, Psychology or other relevant disciplines;
- Postgraduate experience and a highly developed therapeutic skill base for assessment, engagement, and working with people who have experienced trauma and/or have a disability
- Understanding of the specific need of people with a disability
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills - including verbal and written abilities
- Demonstrated administrative skills and computer literacy
- Experience in working with Aboriginal people to enact culturally informed practice and the ability to ensure cultural safety