Community Development Officer - Aboriginal Programs
• Part Time - 2 days
• Hillsdale Location close to public transport
• Use a capacity building approach in delivery of Aboriginal programs
The City Life directorate delivers personalised and public services to enhance community life, including family, aged, leisure and cultural services.
This role is responsible for developing and maintaining close relationships with the Aboriginal community, as well as developing partnerships and collaborative projects which will help build capacity and sustainability within this community in the Bayside LGA.
• Develop close relationships between Council and local Aboriginal people to provide service delivery advice and coordination support, and to build the capacity of community-based organisations providing services to members of this community
• Ensure community organisations and local Aboriginal people are able to participate in consultation and contribute to policy, planning, delivery and evaluation of programs which impact them.
• Work with the Community Capacity Building team to plan and implement activities, services or events which promote reconciliation and celebrate and respect Aboriginal culture.
• Provide effective and accessible information, referral and advocacy services to Aboriginal residents in the community.
• Work towards the development a Reconciliation Action Plan.