Progressive Learning Centre Principal
Odyssey House NSW
We are looking for an innovative, progressive and inspiring Progressive Learning Centre (PLC) Principal to lead and grow our PLC. Working closely with the Odyssey House Board, one of your first tasks will be to lead an implementation of high quality learning and development opportunities for our residents and clients through ongoing evaluation, development and professional learning.
- Implementation of high quality education programs to ensure that students are provided with opportunities for learning and development
- Implementation of a strategy to ensure continuous improvement and the monitoring of the effectiveness and efficiency of the PLC
- Leading and directing the teaching staff to ensure quality teaching practices are in place and professional development of staff is maintained
- Establishing and managing financial systems
- Representation of the PLC in the wider community
Ideally we would like the new Principal to start from the commencement of Term 3, 2019, however we understand that this may not be possible so we will work with the preferred candidate on the commencement timing.
ESSENTIAL SELECTION CRITERIA:
- Minimum Teaching qualifications
- Previous experience as an educational leader
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Capacity to lead implementation of high quality, innovative education practices and to drive improvement and transformation
- Strategic thinking and the ability to consult, plan and prioritise
- Deep understanding of educational research and evidence-based practice
- Demonstrated ability to attract and retain high quality staff
- Financial experience including operating a budget
- Understanding of the principles of the Privacy Act and its practical implementation in program delivery
- Hold or have the ability to obtain a current Criminal History Check and Working With Children clearance
- Unlimited right to work and live in Australia.