HR and Quality Team Leader
St George Community Transport
We are looking for an experienced Human Resource and Quality Team Leader who can support the business during a period of growth to remain compliant under Transport, Disability and Aged Care Standards and support the management team in the professional delivery of recruitment, selection, induction and other associated human resource functions.
This position is responsible for a range of complex HR, QA and WHS functions. The position exercises a range of functions and must use a substantial element of discipline in carrying out confidential HR tasks. The position is expected to develop new work methods in the areas of HR and QA and must have a thorough understanding of employment legislation and the use of HR information management systems.
Key elements of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Coordination and preparation of recruitment packages and associated documentation.
- Support for the performance management process and its outcomes.
- Management of HR systems and documentation.
- Lead the compliance team to meet the requirements of the Transport, Aged Care and Disability Standards.
- Conduct internal audits and provide training for team members on quality control and compliance.
- Ensure there is a centralised system for the control of documentation and that documents are revised and updated in a system of continuous improvement.
- Provide ongoing project support for the management team on Corporate projects.
- Administer and coordinate the WHS systems in the office and support the Transport Coordinator in the WHS Compliance of the fleet.
The right applicant will have:
- Tertiary qualifications in business, commerce, human resources or a related field.
- Knowledge and understanding of employee relations legislation and work health and safety legislation.
- Proven experience in quality assurance and quality management processes.
- Ability to work in a flexible, multi-tasking environment
Human Resource Management
Broad range of staffing, leave administration, recruitment, establishment and other personnel services functions.
- Recruitment and selection – Coordinate the preparation of recruitment packages and the production of employment letters, new hire documentation and communication of new starters internally.
- Induction and training – Maintain induction packs, coordinate delivery of induction and orientation for a new employee/volunteer and maintain employee handbooks and packages.
- HR systems administration - Update and maintain employee and volunteer related hard copy and electronic data bases and systems including the human resource system.
- Performance management system – Report on performance outcomes.
- HR management systems – Manage relevant electronic information systems.
Quality Management System
Supporting the organisation’s Quality Manager in the administration of the quality assurance system including:
- Document Control - Administer the document control register which clearly identifies the name of the document, original date of issue, revision status and current versions.
- Document Distribution – Centralise control and coordination of current versions of documents for staff and other stakeholders.
- Internal Audit System – Coordinate the internal audit matrix at agreed intervals and ensure audit reports are filed and relevant improvements actioned.
- Policies and procedures – Contribute to a regular review of organisational policies and procedures based on findings and experiences from continuous improvement process.
- Management support – Support Managers to identify gaps in compliance and support the training process for all staff.
Work, Health and Safety
Administration coordination of WHS systems and record keeping including:
- Site inspections - Responsible for coordinating and reporting on systematic site safety audits and advise on any corrective action to be taken.
- Risk Assessments - Provide guidance on the completion of risk assessments, investigations and ensure their regular review, pass on feedback or highlighted issues to management.
- Incident reporting - Ensure all incidents, accidents and near misses are investigated, paperwork completed and follow ups conducted if need action taken.
- Safety induction and training – Coordinate the induction of new staff in WHS and coordinate training attendance.
- Legislation - Ensure updates are communicated with regards to changes in legislation.
- Fleet – Work with Transport Coordinator to ensure a comprehensive understanding of WHS compliance for the fleet.
- Preparation of relevant reports and analysis of HR, WHS and QA for the Chief Executive Officer and Management Team.
- Maintenance including updating and publication of up to date organisational policies and procedures.
- Project coordination support for the Chief Executive Officer.
- Management, support and development of Quality Coordinator.