Carer Representation Program Officer / Policy Officer
This position is responsible for delivering the Carers NSW Carer Representation Program, including recruiting, training and supporting a diverse network of carer representatives and liaising with carers and other stakeholders to facilitate representation opportunities. It is also responsible for undertaking research and policy analysis on issues affecting carers; liaising with program stakeholders (carers, government and non-government agencies, other organisations and Carers NSW programs) to ensure that carers are considered in policy and program development within NSW and nationally.
Accountabilities and Responsibilities:
• Recruit a diverse range of new carer representatives, reflecting trends in carer representative requests and the overall diversity of the carer population.
• Build and maintain positive working relationships with current and potential carer representatives, offering support and development opportunities.
• Deliver training to induct newly recruited carer representatives.
• Undertake research and policy analysis on issues affecting carers.
• Develop appropriate policy responses as required.
• Represent Carers NSW in advisory bodies and other forums.
• Undertake, or contribute to, research on carers for Carers NSW or in partnership with other organisations.