- Maximum Term Part Time opportunity working 3 days per week
- Join a fast-paced, multi-disciplinary team
- Opportunity to work for an Iconic NFP
At Youth Off The Streets (YOTS), we value our volunteers as an essential component to the success of the organisation.
The opportunity has arisen for a motivated, collaborative and enthusiastic Volunteers Support Worker to join its Youth Support Services team.
The position will be responsible for supporting volunteering activities attached to the Communities Inspiring and Teaching Youth (CITY) project through ensuring that project volunteers are supported, well informed and connected to the outcomes of the project.
You will be joining a supportive, fast paced team and working closely with our CITY Project Coordinator. A demonstrated ability to work as part of a busy multi-disciplinary team, with the ability to work independently and show initiative is highly regarded for this position.
The role will ensure that maximum benefits are achieved for the project and community through volunteering while enriching the lives of volunteers, providing them with a positive experience and building their capacity to carry out community volunteering activities beyond the project period.
The main functions of the role include, but are not limited to:
- Developing volunteer role descriptions relevant to the CITY project activities and outcomes.
- Facilitating sessions that aim to improve knowledge and build capacity of volunteers.
- Liaising with volunteering organisations and peaks and connecting project volunteers with these organisations.
- Working with the volunteer’s coordinator within People and Culture to ensure that all requirements are met.
- Implement strategies that assist in attracting volunteers from diverse backgrounds and skill sets.
- Conduct surveys and focus groups with project volunteers to assist YOTS in improving volunteer experiences.
- Highlight the contribution of volunteering in the CITY project through regular evaluations and reports.
- Support volunteers through the implementation of project activities whilst ensuring that they are operating within YOTS policies and procedures.
This is a maximum term part time position working 3 days per week. The position is based at Bankstown however travel to various locations is required.
|Applications Close||May 14, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Care & Support Work|
|Employment Basis||Part Time|
|Location||South West Sydney|
- Minimum 3 years’ experience within the community and youth sector or fields relevant to people management.
- Experience in managing competing priorities.
- Knowledge and understanding of cultural safety principals.
- Ability to work under high pressure situations and changing priority environments.
- Understanding of community development principals and approaches.
- Excellent organisational and time management skills.
- Demonstrated organisation, administrative, time management and record keeping skills.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills.
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a busy multi-disciplinary team and to work independently as required.
- Understanding of Child Safety Principles, and mandatory reporting obligations.
- Awareness of risk factors associated with abuse and neglect of children and young people.
- A valid and current NSW Working With Children Check, Drivers Licence and unrestricted Australian Working Rights are essential for this position.
How to Apply
To apply, please click the ‘apply’ button or email your application direct to firstname.lastname@example.org
Please ensure you submit a cover letter addressing the selection criteria with your application.
Applications not addressing the selection criteria may not be considered.
Only those selected for shortlisting may be contacted. Successful applicants will require a full probity check.
Recruiters need not make contact.
Advert close date: 14 May 2021 unless closed earlier
Youth Off The Streets
Youth Off The Streets is a high profile non-denominational community organisation founded by Father Chris Riley. We work with disadvantaged young people who may be homeless, drug dependent and/or recovering from abuse. We support these young people to overcome immense personal trauma and turn their lives around.
This is a rare opportunity to join a passionate and high profile not for profit organisation that values the current youth of today and the youth of tomorrow.
YOTS is committed to providing a safe environment where all children and young people are treated with respect and are protected from harm; we have zero tolerance for child abuse.