As Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of Women & Children First (W&CF) you will be responsible for leading the team to deliver exceptional service to the clients when they need it most. Reporting to the Board of Directors for W&CF and working closely with them to set the Strategy for the future of W&CF.
This is a time of significant change for our organisation and this role is the key driver of this change.
As CEO you will provide day-to-day leadership and oversight, direction, guidance, development and support W&CF team members and ensures the ongoing case management to clients accessing W&CF services is in line with the objectives and principles of the W&CF.
You will have full budget responsibility and report monthly to the board.
The CEO is solely responsible for day-to-day decision-making concerning programs, policies and practice.
POSITION RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE
- Ensuring positive working relationships with stakeholders including Mission Australia, Department of Family and Community Services and local councils.
- Developing and maintaining of strong collaborative professional networks and referral links within the Lower North Shore and Northern Beaches areas and beyond
- Regularly identifies and applies for additional sources of funding including grants and corporate proposals
- Ensures the structure of the organisation is aligned to the strategy and the resources of the business have the right skills and abilities to enable this.
- Overall financial management of the organisation
- Lead the accreditation process and successfully gain the required accreditation for W&CF
- Providing direction to ensure clients are dealt with most appropriately and casework practices adhere to procedure
- Providing supervision, direction, guidance, development and support team members as required.
- Promotional activities to promote the profile of the Centre
- Key media contact for the organisation.
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Leadership and Management|
|Job Field||Family, Children and Youth|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Salary Range||$90,001 +|
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- Proven ability to lead and grow a business
- Experience developing and implementing transformational change within organisations
- comprehensive knowledge of welfare and housing systems, particularly as they relate to homelessness and risk of homelessness, domestic violence and child protection
- experience of working with clients with complex needs, including mental health, drug and alcohol misuse, experience of domestic violence
- extensive experience in managing a community-based organisation
- strong experience in program development and implementation
- broad leadership experience with a strong focus on developing team members to perform at their best
- proven ability in leading cultural change within an organisation.
- excellent time management, organisational and administrative skills
- demonstrated understanding of legal processes in welfare, family law and AVO proceedings
- commitment to working in a collegiate, collaborative, and co-operative manner
- demonstrated interest in working in a women’s service, assisting women and children
- excellent written and oral communication skills
How to Apply
Women & Children First
Women & Children First is a not for profit community-based service for women and vulnerable families, including women and children escaping domestic violence, intimate partner violence and family violence.
Our aim is to ensure women, children and families are safe, secure, connected and given the opportunity and environment to thrive and achieve their aspirations.
|Contact||Women & Children First|