We are seeking an Activities Worker oversee the development, implementation and evaluation of activities, outings and events for service users of The Western Suburbs Haven Inc. These activities will be focused on health and wellbeing, education and social inclusion for people living with HIV in Western Sydney.
The successful candidate will be an enthusiastic and dedicated individual with previous experience working with clients in a community service setting and an understanding of the not-for-profit sector. They must have a high level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and be able to demonstrate excellent organisational and time management skills and Microsoft Office computer literacy.
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Care & Support Work|
|Employment Basis||Part Time, Casual|
Qualifications in Community Services Work and experience working within a community services setting or a combination of related educational qualifications and at least two years’ work experience working within a community services setting that provides direct client service delivery.
- Demonstrated experience in coordinating group programs/activities;
- Excellent organisational skills, including time management;
- high level of interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills together with negotiation, liaison and conflict resolution skills;
- Proven experience using information and technology
- Ability to use Microsoft Office applications to develop promotional material
- Willingness to show initiative, flexibility and reliability;
- Ability to work with individuals from diverse backgrounds and of all ages;
- Demonstrated knowledge of person-centred approaches to service provision;
- Current NSW Drivers Licence.
- Knowledge of HIV and issues affecting those living with HIV
- Experience working with volunteers
- Knowledge of Standard Infection Control processes
- Knowledge of funding sources and funding programs to support community programs
- Develop, implement and evaluate activities;
- Develop promotional materials using Microsoft Office software;
- Promote activities through stakeholder networks;
- Collaborate with the manager for budgeting purposes and for scheduling of activities;
- Assist Manager with seeking and acquitting funding/grants for activities
- Maintain appropriate records, statistics and data on services provided in line with organisational policies and processes;
The person for this job must have strong organisational and time management skills, be non-judgemental and be committed to working with people living with HIV. They will have the ability to:
- work in a demanding, unstructured environment, and maintain a positive mental attitude.
- work effectively as a member of a team.
- multi-task and be flexible in work assignments.
How to Apply
Email Colleen at firstname.lastname@example.org with a resume and a cover letter addressing how your skills, knowledge and attributes fit with the criteria outlined above. No applications will be considered without a cover letter.
The Western Suburbs Haven Incorporated
The Western Suburbs Haven is a small Not-for-Profit, Charity Organisation based in Blacktown that provides support for people living with HIV/AIDS their families and carers.