Start your career with The Salvation Army today!
We are looking for compassionate people who share our mission and values, if you have the passion and drive to commit yourself to a challenging and rewarding role; we invite you to review our current vacancies.
The Salvation Army is a Christian movement and one of Australia's largest and most-loved charities, helping thousands of Australians every year find hope in the midst of all kinds of personal hardship. The Salvation Army offers the opportunity to use your professional skills and expertise to make a real difference in the lives of people who need help most.
The Salvation Army Youth Services offer an integrated suite of programs engaging with young people across Australia. Our services create intentional avenues for young people to explore opportunities, build support networks, and access, participate and contribute to their communities.
Youth services provide a diverse range of programs which include housing and homelessness, driver training, education, employment and training, AOD support, social and community activities, specialist therapeutic responses and youth justice programs.
We are seeking a values-driven and proactive Case Manager, reporting to the Program Manager. You will provide case management to young people being supervised by Youth Justice within the community and/or in transition from custody along with young people with a Youth Justice Conferencing Outcome Plan.
This is a fixed-term full-time position based at Oasis Youth Network Sydney, Surry Hills.
You will successfully
- Provide direct case management support for at least 16 young people per year for up to 12 weeks
- Ensure that each young person receives approximately 4-6 hours of support per week
- Deliver socio-cultural and welfare-focussed services to complement offence-focussed case management undertaken by Youth Justice
- Support young people to achieve their referral goals that are directly linked to the Youth Justice Goals
- Ensure Service Delivery Reports for each Young Person are completed weekly and shared with Youth Justice Case Worker
- Ensure a Referral Review is completed with the Young Person and Youth Justice approximately 6 weeks after referral to review progress
- Demonstrate critical thinking and reflective practice in all case work, documentation, and supervision
The Salvation Army is subject to public health orders. You may be required to provide evidence of vaccine status dependent on requirements.
You will have
- Minimum Tertiary Qualifications in Social Work or similar discipline, preferably Bachelor’s Degree or Higher (other relevant qualifications within Community Services, Social Work or similar discipline will be considered)
- Previous experience in case work or similar role, providing case management to vulnerable young people from diverse backgrounds
- A valid Employee NSW Working with Children Check
- A current NSW Drivers licence
- A willingness to undergo a National Police Check
What we offer
- As a registered not for profit organisation you may be eligible for generous tax-free salary packaging benefits
- Financial, retail and lifestyle discounts and benefits
- Employee Assistance Program - Independent confidential counselling service
- An inclusive culture of dedicated, passionate and professional team members
TSA Social Mission embraces diversity and encourages applications from
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people,
- people who identify as Lesbian, Gay, Bisexual, Transgender or Intersex
- people with a culturally or linguistically diverse background
For more information about the role, please contact Program Manager, Alice Dunn at email@example.com
Advertising for this role will close on February 9th, and applications will be reviewed after this date
The Salvation Army is an Equal Opportunity Employer who provides an inclusive work environment and embraces the diverse talent of its people. We value people of all cultures, languages, capacities, sexual orientations, gender identities and/or expressions. We are committed to achieving a diverse workforce and strongly encourage applications from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people.
The Salvation Army is a child safe organisation and is committed to protecting children and young people from harm. All child facing roles will require the successful completion of a Working with Children Check. Applicants for all roles require a mandatory National Police Check.
We value Integrity, Compassion, Respect, Diversity, and Collaboration.
|Applications Close||June 20, 2022|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Community Development|
|Job Field||Family, Children and Youth|
|Location||Inner City Sydney|
How to Apply
If you're interested please apply via the link https://salvationarmy.wd3.myworkdayjobs.com/Salvos/job/Surry-Hills-NSW-Australia/Case-Manager_R18256-1