We are currently seeking a manager to lead the Foundation’s Homeless programs and services.
The position is a full time, permanent position located in the Sydney CBD, and has a salary and conditions to per Grade 8 of the SCHADS Award (including applicable loadings).
This exciting role requires a dynamic manager who thrives working closely with frontline teams in a grassroots organisation, who will ensure the Haymarket Foundation delivers high-quality, ethical, and compliant residential and community-based homelessness services. The role encompasses the delivery of the organisation’s strategy, achievement of all funded contract objectives, the leadership of homeless services staff, and the design, development and delivery of highly impactful client focused programs and services.
The Haymarket Foundation delivers a several programs for people experiencing, or at risk of complex homelessness and the successful applicant will need to be flexible and capable of managing multiple programs at the same time. The successful candidate will be an all-rounder with a positive attitude and a drive to make a difference to those who experience systemic barriers. Clear communication and the ability to deliver quality work quickly and accurately will be key to your success.
KEY RESPONSIBILITIES INCLUDE:
- Delivery of the Haymarket Foundation’s strategic plan across residential and community-based homelessness programs with the support of the CEO.
- Embed and lead a culture of continuous quality improvement based on Human Centred Design Frameworks.
- Provide strategic industry leadership within sector alliances and advocacy groups
- Ensure that strengths based, trauma informed, and social justice principles are applied in a holistic manner across services.
- Ensure service design and delivery includes effective client participation.
- Ensure effective monthly team meetings, and clinical review of practices
- Evaluate the impact and outcomes of residential and community-based homelessness services with the support of the CEO.
- Review and monitor budgets and expenditure for residential and homelessness services monthly.
- Human Resources activities for staff across homeless programs and services.
- Attend conferences, sector meetings, and reference groups after consultation with the CEO.
- Ensure collaborative working relationships are maintained with government and partner agencies.
- Ensure corrective actions to incidents are developed and enacted in a timely manner.
- Contribute to quality activities to improve the standard of care and service of the residential and community-based homelessness programs.
- Contribute to accreditation and quality improvement activities of the organisation.
- Actively seek feedback from clients on the quality of service and areas for improvement.
- Engender excellence in the provision of customer service throughout the organisation, utilising a client centred culture.
- Complete quality reporting in preparation for scheduled quality meetings.
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Leadership and Management|
|Job Field||Housing & Homelessness|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Salary Range||$90,001 +|
- A tertiary qualification in social sciences or similar.
- Extensive management, program leadership, and experience managing staff within a residential or program setting. (E)
- Minimum three years’ experience in a management role. (E)
- A demonstrated understanding of the systemic barriers faced by people who experience homelessness. (E)
- A minimum of three years’ experience delivering services to people experiencing complex homelessness. (E)
- Experience in sector leadership and systematic advocacy. (E)
- An extensive understanding of therapeutic relationships and interventions. (E)
- National criminal record check and a disclosure of any restrictions that impact upon your role as a practitioner. (E)
- Valid driver’s licence. (E)
- Valid Working with Children’s Check (E)
- Proof of COVID-19 Vaccination (E). Classified as a Health Worker under current PHO.
- Experience working with complex clients in a residential setting. (D)
- Experience in program design and evaluation (D)
How to Apply
For more information, and to request a copy of the position description please email email@example.com using the subject line: Manager - Homeless Services enquiry
Applications to include addressing the key selection criteria and current CV
Applicants who do not meet all of the essential criteria will not be considered for interview.
The Haymarket Foundation
The Haymarket Foundation is a grassroots organisation that has supported people experiencing complex homelessness in Sydney for 45 years. We strive to advocate and deliver multidisciplinary services for our community that are inclusive, safe, and offer freedom of choice.