The Family Centre is a progressive, community-owned, for purpose organisation, driven by our values and focused on outcomes. Together, we create opportunities for children, young people and families and increase social value in our community.
We have an exciting opportunity for a suitably qualified and experienced person to join a team that’s changing the lives of young people in our youth and family support service.
The position offers generous above award conditions and salary packaging arrangements plus ongoing professional development
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Care & Support Work|
|Job Field||Family, Children and Youth|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Location||Far North Coast NSW|
- Tertiary qualification in social work, social sciences or related discipline
- Experience or interest in the leadership, management and development of staff in a human services environment
- Experience in program coordination, development, implementation and evaluation
- Demonstrated ability to assess the needs of vulnerable and disadvantaged families within a strengths-based framework and develop respectful collaborative working relationships with family members
- A clear understanding of the issues confronting vulnerable and disadvantaged families (including culturally & linguistically diverse, domestic violence, substance abuse, child abuse, mental health, parenting and relationships) and their impact on young people and families
- Ability to collaborate with Family Centre staff, students, volunteers and service network partners in response to identified need
- Proven ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Current driver’s license and comprehensively insured vehicle
- A willingness to undertake a criminal record check and a Working with Children check
- Working knowledge of local human services network
- Trained and licensed to deliver the following parenting programs: Tuning into Teens, Group Teen Triple P, Engaging Adolescents, Resilience Donut
How to Apply
Should you wish to proceed with your application, please ensure that you:
- Address each of the selection criteria contained in the position description;
- Include a detailed resume with education & employment history; and
- Provide two referees with current contact details.
Please note: applications not addressing the selection criteria will not be considered.
Please email applications to email@example.com
For further information regarding the position please contact:
(07) 5524 8711 or firstname.lastname@example.org
The Family Centre
|Phone number||07 5589 1800|