This role - Manager of Out of Home Care, has the responsibility for overseeing the Out of Home Care Program, case work and related processes of this program in collaboration with other OOHC Managers. You will also be responsible for ensuring a high standard of case work across the company while providing support to the Case Managers to achieve their outcomes.
- Oversee all casework, including case planning and case plan review for the Out of Home Care clients
- Supervise and support the Team Leaders within the residential care program
- Oversee client referrals, assessment, intake within the Out of Home Care Program
- Oversee Mandatory Reporting processes, Risk Assessment and Management Planning across the Out of Home Care Program
- Ensure that the Case Planning and Management process is effective, strategic, and conductive to the client’s needs
- Provide evidence of quality-of-life outcomes achieved for each client through regular data collection and reporting
- Develop and provide leadership in line with the company values and strategic direction
- Mentor, train, and coach Case Managers and provide monthly formal supervision to team members
- Demonstrate a positive, solution focused, trauma informed and innovative approach to service delivery
- Develop and maintain positive working relationships with clients and their families where appropriate.
- Ensure that the program meets all legislative requirements and that this is reflected in the Policies and Procedures
|Applications Close||November 14, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Social Work|
|Job Field||Housing & Homelessness|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
KEY COMPETENCIES & EXPERIENCE
- Degree in Social Work or other relevant Tertiary Education
- Extensive knowledge of the Out of Home Care Legislation and Accreditation Process
- Experience in managing financial, budgetary, compliance requirements and accreditation within Out of Home Care
- Must have Operational Management Experience
- Ability to manage relationships with funding bodies, Juvenile Justice, Education and Health
- Previous experience and understanding of working in Out of Home Care, particularly within a residential care setting
- Current driver’s license and use of own car for work purposes
- Working with Children’s check and National Police clearance
The Burdekin Association is an Equal Opportunity Employer. We celebrate diversity and are committed to creating an inclusive environment for all employees.
Applications are encouraged from people with culturally & linguistically diverse and Aboriginal & Torres Strait Island indigenous backgrounds.
How to Apply
Please send your resume, referee details and cover letter addressing the selection criteria to Megan Davenport (email@example.com). Any questions about the position can be directed to Megan at this address.
The Burdekin Association
The Burdekin Association (www.burdekin.org.au) is a community-based not-for-profit organisation. We aim to prevent youth homelessness and family breakdown by providing a range of innovative accommodation, care and support services to young people aged between 9 and 24 and their families on Sydney’s Northern Beaches and Inner West suburbs.
|Phone number||02 8976-1777|