- Two maximum term contracts 18 months, full-time; may involve some work after hours
- Shoalhaven and Clarence Valley, NSW; involves regular travel in areas covered by the Program in the Northern and Southern regions
- Current NSW Driver Licence is required
- Flexible working conditions and provision for transport
- SCHCADS Award, Level 5, hourly rates range from $41.89 to $43.89; rate will depend on applicant's qualifications and experience
About the Service
The Vinnies Bushfire Recovery and Community Development Program is supporting bushfire-impacted communities that are still dealing with the impacts of the bushfire crisis. This role will work on the next stage of recovery that is focused on rebuilding community cohesion and improving individual sense of wellbeing.
This is a unique and exciting opportunity to work in and with communities over a longer period of time, and challenging in its ambition to achieve positive impact for communities.
You will need to be a proactive and well-organised person who can oversee the planning and implementation of a longer-term program of support and activities. You will need to be creative, innovative and solutions-focused. Finally, you will need to have excellent people skills and be able to build relationships, listen to the ideas of community and turn those into actions. Local knowledge and project management experience are highly desirable.
The role involves regular travel in the local area and possibly beyond, and is part of broader team working across the state. It has flexible working conditions and provision for transport.
The Coordinator, Bushfire Recovery and Community Development will:
- engage with communities and key stakeholders to gather their input into a community development program and develop local activity plans.
- facilitate and coordinate community activities, events and trainings designed to develop relevant skills and empower communities on the road to recovery.
- collaborate with Vinnies membership, as well as with NGOs and local government agencies for support in implementing recovery strategies and initiatives.
- monitor and evaluate the effectiveness of activities relating to program implementation and assess their impact to communities.
This role will report to the Manager, Bushfire Recovery and Community Development.
Please click the link below for a copy of the Position Description.
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Community Development|
|Job Field||Housing & Homelessness|
|Employment Basis||Full Time, Contract|
|Location||Wollongong / Shoalhaven|
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in community development or community services.
- Demonstrated experience facilitating community consultations.
- Relevant qualifications and/or demonstrated experience in project management including budgeting and financial reporting.
- Demonstrated experience in developing and implementing events and activities within a community setting.
- Strong ability to problem solve and think creatively.
- Excellent interpersonal and relationship management skills and the ability to collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Demonstrated experience coordinating and working with volunteers.
- Ability to travel regularly and hold a valid NSW driver licence.
- Ability to do some afterhours
We believe our employees are key to our success and in return we offer:
- Job satisfaction working as part of a team making a difference to people’s lives in an organisation that cares about people.
- Generous salary packaging benefits to employees where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free.
- In addition to excellent learning and development opportunities, as a large purpose driven organisation we provide potential to grow your career across a range of teams and services.
- Supportive, friendly and values driven team environment and culture.
Prior to an offer of employment, preferred candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including reference checks, a Police check, Working with Children check, Health Declaration and/or a medical check, Right to work in Australia check. The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People.
How to Apply
If you have questions about this role, please email John Fenech (Manager) on firstname.lastname@example.org, quote: Coordinator, Bushfire Recovery /VIN2313.
Applications close at 11pm on 21 May 2021
Please submit your application online https://applynow.net.au/jobs/VIN2313-coordinator-bushfire-recovery-and-community-development
Attach your Resume and your responses to the role-specific criteria outlined in the Position Description.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. The Society strongly encourages applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander background, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds and mature aged applicants.
St Vincent de Paul Society NSW
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services and has been assisting people experiencing disadvantage in NSW for more than 130 years. Our people reach out to the most vulnerable in our community through our Conferences, Special Works and Vinnies shops. The Society’s mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society by offering a ‘hand up’ approach to people in need respecting their dignity, sharing our hope and encouraging them to take control of their own destiny.