- SCHCADS Award Level 3: $64-70k + super + salary packaging
- Maximum-term, part-time: 21 hours per week - until June 2022.
- Learning and development programs to progress your career.
- Generous salary packaging benefits where a portion of take-home pay is tax-free
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission is to shape a more just and compassionate society.
We believe our employees are key to our success and offer Learning and Development programs to enhance and grow your career across a range of teams and services. Our staff are recognised for their achievements and are offered promotional opportunities on a meritocracy basis within a collegiate and values driven team environment and culture.
Your new role:
The Support Worker - Freds Place is a dynamic role working closely with the Case Workers in the implementation of the clients' case plans. You will assist in the daily running of the site and provide a variety of support to clients at Fred's Place.
- assisting in the entry and assessment of new clients
- providing a safe and welcoming environment for clients who live at, or are accessing the service
- providing case work support as directed and in cooperation with Case Workers
- advocating for clients with external agencies on a needs basis
- undertaking a variety of tasks i.e. serving meals and supervising activities,
- maintaining daily Communications Book and other documentation as required e.g. client records and case notes
To be successful, you will need:
- Appropriate Certificate or equivalent experience or currently undertaking tertiary study, in a related field.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Demonstrated customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team.
- Ability to use sound judgement and act appropriately in crisis and emergency situations.
- Current first aid certificate.
- Ability to maintain an ethical, yet non-judgmental, attitude towards residents and staff, and commitment to this.
- Sound knowledge of WHS legislation as it relates to the workplace.St Vincent de Paul (NSW) has a COVID- 19 vaccination policy that has identified this role as requiring a full COVID-19 vaccination. Medical exemptions with the NSW government contraindication form will be considered, subject to a satisfactory risk assessment
If this sounds like you, don’t wait - apply now, we are interviewing applications as we receive them. Submit your application with a resume and cover letter which addresses the key requirements of the Position Description.
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Care & Support Work|
|Job Field||Housing & Homelessness|
|Employment Basis||Part Time|
|Salary Range||$66,000 — $80,000|
|Location||Far North Coast NSW|
How to Apply
St Vincent de Paul Society