- Amazing opportunity to join a team that is committed to enhancing the lives of people with psychosocial disabilities.
- SCHCADS Award, Level 3, hourly rates range from $32.54 to $34.90
- Learning and development programs to grow your career.
- Great not-for-profit salary packaging tax-free benefits.
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, whose mission it is to shape a more just and compassionate society.
Your new role:
Exciting new opportunity for 2 support workers to join our dedicated team based in Como in the Sutherland Shire. Utilize your skills and understanding of the needs of people with mental health issues, psychosocial disabilities, and bring your reliable and caring nature. Your experience working with people with mental health concerns and your insights into their individual needs will add real value to the lives of the people Vinnies support.
You will also participate in on job training, coaching, and other learning/development programs to enhance your skill sets and grow your career!
*Please note we also have some casual opportunities available as we grow our team*
Reporting to the Team Leader, your responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- providing support to people with disabilities in the areas such as health and well-being, accessing the local community, learning independent living skills.
- implementation of all supports in accordance with their funded support needs.
- working with participants to increase capacity, independence, and community connections both in a group setting and 1:1.
- maintaining client records, data collection and reports in a professional manner as per service policy.
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- Certificate III in Disabilities or equivalent (community services, mental health or related field); or currently working towards these qualifications.
- Demonstrated experience in the delivery of person-centred services to clients.
- Experience with or understanding of maintaining records of service delivery, or ability to acquire the knowledge.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- High-level interpersonal skills, including the ability to facilitate group activities, work in a team and communicate effectively with a broad cross-section of people, including health professionals.
- Certificate of completion for The NDIS Worker Orientation Module – Quality, Safety & You or willingness to obtain Certificate of completion.
- NDIS New Worker Screening Check.
- Unrestricted Class C licence
Don’t wait - apply now, we are interviewing applications as we receive them. Submit your application with a resume and cover letter which addresses the key requirements of the Position Description.
If you have questions about this role, please email Irenka Bell (Team Leader, Como Irenka.email@example.com) quote: Support Worker - Disability and Inclusion, Como/ VIN2542
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
Additional requirements for the Disability Support Worker role include: the NDIS New Worker Screening. You will also need a Certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module – Quality, Safety & You.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Care & Support Work|
|Job Field||Mental Health and Counselling|
|Employment Basis||Part Time, Casual|
How to Apply
Don’t wait - apply now, we are interviewing applications as we receive them. Submit your application with a resume and cover letter which addresses the key requirements of the Position Description. Click: https://applynow.net.au/jobs/VIN2542
St Vincent de Paul NSW