- Bring your support coordination experience to a team committed to enhancing lives of people with disability
- SCHCADS Award, Level 5, hourly rates range from $42.94 to $44.88
- Flexible working arrangements: work in any of Vinnies metropolitan or Sutherland Shire offices.
- Great not-for-profit salary packaging tax-free benefits.
The St Vincent de Paul Society is a leading provider of community support services, who’s key values is to shape a more just and compassionate society
Your new role:
The Specialist Support Coordinator, reporting to the Practice and Business Development Manager, is a vital role in supporting people with a disability to exercise choice and control. You will work with NDIS participants coordinating their support needs, supporting people with disability to link with NDIS providers to assist them to live the life they choose and connecting them to their local community. The role will provide responsive, individualized services and support for each person and family consistent with the their NDIS plan.
- Work with NDIS participants to implement their NDIS funded supports, by offering them information about their options, supporting them to make decisions to meet their goals
- Coordinate services in participants’ NDIS plans including the management of complex multidisciplinary teams.
- Deliver high-quality services in a timely manner including mandatory reporting to the NDIA and meeting SVDP guidelines.
- Provide advice and consultation with participants, their families and other stakeholders in response to complex/challenging situations.
- Network and build the profile of SVDP Disability Services as Support Coordination Service provider.
- Ensure services are delivered within the framework of SVDP’s policies and procedures, legislative requirements, and meet the NDIS practice standards.
- Prepare comprehensive reports in conjunction with relevant stakeholders and contribute to the maintenance of registers, reporting systems & client records ensuring the need to adhere to matters of confidentiality and diversity
To be successful in this role, you will need:
- A tertiary qualification in one of the following disciplines: Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Speech Pathology
- Minimum twelve months’ experience providing Support Coordination or Case Management with complex clients
- Knowledge of National Disability Insurance Scheme and relevant legislation including the NDIS Act 2013 and Disability Act 2006
- Expert communication (both written and oral) skills and ability to manage complex relationships
- Willingness to complete safety screening including a National Police check, NDIS workers screening check, a current NSW Working with Children Check (Employee), and right to work in Australia.
- Current NSW Drivers License
- Double vaccinated for COVID 19 or have a NSW government contraindication form exemption is required for this role in compliance with NSW Public Health Order (s6C of the NSW Public Health Order: COVID-19 Care Services).
Don’t wait - apply now, we are interviewing applications as we receive them. Submit your application with a resume and cover letter which addresses the key requirements of the Position Description.
If you have questions about this role, please email Diana Smith (Manager Practice and Business Development, Disability & Inclusion) on: Diana.firstname.lastname@example.org quote: Specialist Support Coordinator/VIN2567
The Society is committed to being a Child Safe organisation, further information can be found in the Society’s commitment to Safeguarding Children & Young People. Prior to an offer of employment, candidates will be required to complete the pre-employment checks including a Police check & Working with Children check.
Additional requirements for the Disability Support Worker role include: the NDIS New Worker Screening - click here for information on how to apply online for NDIS Worker Check. You will also need a Certificate of completion for the NDIS Worker Orientation Module – Quality, Safety & You.
St Vincent de Paul Society (NSW) is an Equal Employment Opportunity Employer and is committed to engaging a diverse workforce. We take pride in the diversity of our people and encourage applications from people from Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander backgrounds, people with disability, people from diverse cultural and linguistic backgrounds, people who identify as LGBTQIA, candidates of any or no religious beliefs and applicants of all ages.
|Applications Close||November 26, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Care & Support Work|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Salary Range||$80,000 — $90,000|
|Location||Inner City Sydney|
A tertiary qualification in one of the following disciplines: Psychology, Occupational Therapy, Social Work, Speech Pathology
How to Apply
If this sounds like you, apply now by submitting your application with a resume & cover letter addressing the key requirements of the Position Description, click to apply:
St Vincent de Paul NSW