Organisation : Biyani house – Revesby Women's Shelter
Role: Shelter Manager
Location : Canterbury/Bankstown LGA
Work type : Full-time
Profession : Community Services, Management, Social & Support Work
Sector : Homelessness & Affordable Housing
Salary type : Competitive salary commensurate with experience, including salary packaging
The Biyani House Revesby Women's Shelter Manager will assist with opening the new shelter, recruitment, leadership and implement best practice processes. The role oversees the operation of a new crisis shelter for women and children escaping domestic and family violence or who are homeless.
This is a unique opportunity to join the Women's Community Shelter network of highly skilled women that are passionate about the safety of women and children.
|Applications Close||September 27, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Community Development, Social Work|
|Job Field||Housing & Homelessness|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Location||South West Sydney|
- Relevant tertiary qualifications and/or equivalent years in experience in a similar role.
- Demonstrated commitment to feminist principles
- A developed understanding of current issues in women’s homelessness, including current practices in the NSW context of responses to domestic and family violence
- Demonstrated experience in working with clients from culturally diverse backgrounds including using telephone interpreting services
- A sound and developed understanding of the principles of case-management, trauma-informed care and client-centric approaches
- 5 years + and recent experience in managing staff, including professional development and supervision
- Demonstrated ability to work constructively and collaboratively with a variety of stakeholders,
- An understanding of access, equity, diversity and Work Health and Safety principles and the ability to deliver a non-judgemental and supportive service to clients
- Current NSW Driver’s License
- First Aid Certificate
- Ability to attend to on-call matters and supporter events out of normal office hours
- Experience in managing clients with mental health issues & knowledge of referral pathways and procedures
- Knowledge and understanding of funding streams, including community fundraising
- Sound computer skills, including Microsoft Office and case-management software
- Process payroll for shelter staff using Keypay (training available)
- Writing grant applications
Our services are provided only to women. We consider being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW) and sections 30 of the Sex Discrimination Act 1984 (Cth).
How to Apply
Please send your CV and a covering letter, explaining how your experience is relevant and why you want to work for Biyani House Revesby Women’s Shelter to firstname.lastname@example.org
Revesby Women's Shelter
Biyani House - Revesby Women's Shelter is a brand new family refuge supporting homeless women and their children in the Canterbury/Bankstown community.
We provide a safe haven for women who – due to physical, emotional or sexual abuse, family breakdown, financial strife, domestic violence, mental health issues or lack of affordable housing – are homeless.
Biyani House Revesby Women's Shelter provides trauma informed care that is client-centred and adopts a strength based model, incorporating reflective practice. Our practice model is evidence based and we espouse a resilience approach.