- Temporary Part Time position at Hillsdale - 4 days per week up to 2 Years
- Engage with local community for Safe as Houses Pilot Project
- Salary Range: $62,752.14 - $70,282.54
At Bayside Council, we are committed to a positive, flexible and supportive workplace culture, where our people and customers feel respected and valued. We are proud to serve our community through operating with transparency, integrity and in the best interests of the Bayside community to deliver exceptional service.
Purpose of the role
The City Life Directorate delivers personalised and public services to enhance community life, including family, aged leisure and cultural services.
This is a dual role which aims to reduce the impact of emergencies by fostering a sense of neighbourhood, identifying the most vulnerable and strengthening resident capacity in Bayside LGA.
The position will implement the Safe as Houses pilot. Safe as Houses is a State funded project designed to engage residents in Eastlakes Housing Estates to build capacity to deal with emergencies in their local community. It will include facilitating and building on established connections amongst residents, developing identified training and a resource to deal with disaster management while working with the local Emergency Management Committee, Health and other partners.
The role also includes developing projects under the Community Safety Levy (former Rockdale LGA area only) around broader community safety issues like anti-social behaviour, fear of crime or domestic violence.
The role requires a person with good communication skills who can work with the community to improve capacity to manage in an emergency. You will also work on projects to ensure a safer and more resilient community. Community capacity building skills are essential and a knowledge of community safety issues would be an advantage.
Within the area of responsibility, this role is required to:
- Create partnerships between Council and external agencies to develop and implement the Safe as Houses Project and other safety projects in response to emerging issues.
- Work with the Eastlakes community within housing estates and with project partners to guide the projects.
- Ensure a community led approach to ensuring the development of resources, training or tools to improve the community’s capacity to respond in emergencies.
- Cooperate with internal and external partners to develop community safety projects in Bayside under the Community Safety Levy (former Rockdale LGA area only)
|Applications Close||March 9, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Community Development, Project Management & Strategy|
|Employment Basis||Part Time, Contract|
- Tertiary or other qualifications and/or equivalent experience.
- Knowledge of Community Capacity Building
- Good communication skills
- Current Drivers Licence Class C.
As an employer, Bayside Council offers a flexible and family-friendly working environment supported by a generous and tangible reward and recognition program with ongoing training and development opportunities.
How to Apply
Your application should include and-up-to-date resume (max 3 pages) and a covering letter (max 2 pages), outlining how your skills and experience meet the focus competencies, key accountabilities and challenges of the role and how you espouse Bayside Council values.
Applications must be submitted by email to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Enquiries: Sherie Skaines - Coordinator Community Capacity Building - 02 9366 3680 or via email email@example.com or Maree Girdler – Manager Community Life on 0402 113 200
Bayside Council is an equal opportunity employer committed to an equitable, diverse and socially inclusive work environment.