The Reception Administrative Officer is the face of STARTTS, greeting our clients and stakeholders as they visit our sites providing an efficient and effective administration service.
Key challenges for this role are prioritising and organising completion of workload in a busy and demanding environment.
The successful applicant will be part of a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Demonstrated effective verbal and written communication and interpersonal skills.
- Proven listening and questioning skills applied to a multicultural background customer service environment.
- Demonstrated Microsoft Office skills with experience in MS Word, MS Outlook, and MS Excel.
- Proven experience on a busy Reception in a multicultural environment, managing conflicting priorities.
- Demonstrated experience in general administration support tasks including ability to plan, prioritise and organise work activities to achieve work outcomes.
- Demonstrated attention to detail with a high level of accuracy when undertaking data-entry tasks.
- Ability to work effectively as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team with minimal supervision.
- Ability to be flexible and adaptable to changing priorities.
- Unrestricted NSW Driver’s licence (P2 acceptable).
*This position is not considered child-related employment and will require a National Police Check.
COVID -19 REQUIREMENTS
*In line with the Public Health Order, all STARTTS workers are considered Health Workers and are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In order to be eligible for consideration for employment with STARTTS, all recruits must provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19, or alternatively provide a Medical Contraindication in the approved form which complies with the requirements of the Public Health Order, prior to appointment. Should you not be able to comply before your commencement date, the offer of employment may be withdrawn.
|Applications Close||May 20, 2022|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Administrations & Support|
|Job Field||Health, Mental Health and Counselling|
|Employment Basis||Part Time|
|Location||Northern Rivers NSW|
Position No: 1102-R
Enquiries: Ms Gordana Hol – Direct Services Coordinator on 02 9646 6700
Work Type: Part-time; 24 hours per week worked over 4 days, 6 hours per day. Contract up to 30 June 2023 (Continuation subject to ongoing funding)
Location: Coffs Harbour NSW
Salary: Administrative Officer Level 2. A generous salary packaging scheme is also offered to reduce the taxable income and increase the take home pay.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please ensure you address the selection criteria as thoroughly as possible.
- Fill out the STARTTS Application for Employment Form
- Write a Statement Against the Selection Criteria outlining how you meet the selection criteria (see the guide “How to apply for a job at STARTTS“)
- Submit an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Provide copies of relevant Qualifications if applicable (overseas qualification must be assessed by an appropriate Australian body to be considered)
- Statements of Service from previous relevant roles (if applicable, please ask us for a sample)
- A cover letter is optional.
- Email your applications to: STTS-Jobs@health.nsw.gov.au
Closing date: Friday 20 May 2022
NB: Depending on the role, if appointed, you may need a current ‘NSW Working With Children Check’ clearance, follow this link for information on how to apply of your check: https://ocg.nsw.gov.au/working-children-check
Do you want to work in one of Australia’s leading organisations providing treatment and rehabilitation to torture and trauma survivors; that’s quality focused, diverse & committed to making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people in communities?
Come & join us!
"STARTTS is a not-for-profit Affiliated Health Organisation focused on providing a broad range of services to refugees in NSW. The focus of STARTTS approach is on building capacity and empowering people and communities to take control over their own lives, using a strengths-based approach and building on individual, family, community and cultural strengths."
|Contact||Gordana Hol – Direct Services Coordinator|
|Phone number||02 9646 6700|