Do you want to work in one of Australia’s leading organisations providing treatment and rehabilitation to torture and trauma survivors; that’s quality focused, diverse & committed to making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people in communities?
Come & join us!
‘Re-advertised. Previous applicants will be considered’
The position is to provide a comprehensive assessment, referral and counselling service to Refugee and Special Humanitarian Program entrants living in the Coffs Harbour region of NSW. This position will be a member of the Rural & Regional Team managed by a team leader. You will provide a wide range of therapeutic interventions for survivors of refugee trauma and/or torture. You will also liaise with refugee communities and other relevant stakeholders to develop and implement community development activities.
The successful applicant will be part of a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team.
*This position is considered child-related employment and will require a Working with Children Background Check and a National Police Check.
|Applications Close||August 6, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Psychology & Counselling|
|Job Field||Mental Health and Counselling|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Location||Northern Rivers NSW|
- Tertiary qualifications in health, counselling, behavioural or social sciences.
- Demonstrated assessment and counselling experience in a cross-cultural context.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues affecting refugees in particular resettlement issues, and the effects of torture on individuals, young people, families, and communities.
- Relevant group work and training skills
- Knowledge of the cultures and health needs of refugee communities in Coffs Harbour and Northern NSW.
- Knowledge and experience in community development, community liaison and advocacy.
- Excellent oral and written communication as well as interpersonal skills.
- Ability to work as part of a multidisciplinary and multicultural team and with minimum supervision.
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence
- Experience in working with children and adolescents in a clinical setting.
- Knowledge of local communities in Coffs Harbour and available services.
Position No: 1075
Work Type: Full time, 38 hours per week. Contract up to 2 Years (continuation subject to ongoing funding)
Location: Coffs Harbour
Salary: Health Education Officer or other relevant classification based on qualifications, experience and requirements of the role under the NSW Health Awards. A generous salary packaging scheme is also offered to reduce the taxable income and increase the take home pay.
How to Apply
To view the position description (including selection criteria) and instructions on how to submit your application, please refer to the jobs section of STARTTS website: www.startts.org.au.
NB: Depending on the role, if appointed, as well as a Criminal Record Check clearance you may need a current ‘NSW Working With Children Check’ clearance, follow this link for information: https://www.ocg.nsw.gov.au/child-safe-organisations/working-with-children-check/applicant/help-to-apply-renew-and-update
- Fill out the STARTTS Application for Employment Form
- Write a Statement Against the Selection Criteria outlining how you meet the selection criteria (see the guide “How to apply for a job at STARTTS“)
- Updated Curriculum Vitae
- Copies of relevant Qualifications
- Statements of Service from previous relevant roles (if applicable, please ask us for a sample)
- A cover letter is optional.
- Email your applications to: STTS-Jobs@health.nsw.gov.au
Closing date: 6 August 2021
Enquiries: Mr John Payne – Regional Team Leader on 02 9646 6700
"STARTTS is a not-for-profit Affiliated Health Organisation focused on providing a broad range of services to refugees in NSW. The focus of STARTTS approach is on building capacity and empowering people and communities to take control over their own lives, using a strengths-based approach and building on individual, family, community and cultural strengths."
|Contact||Mr John Payne – Regional Team Leader|
|Phone number||02 9646 6700|