Re-advertised. Previous applicants will be considered’
The position is to provide a comprehensive assessment, referral and counselling service to Refugee and Special Humanitarian Program entrants living in the Armidale region of NSW.
The successful applicant will be part of a multicultural and multi-disciplinary team.
|Reference No.||Position No: 1096|
|Applications Close||July 15, 2022|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Psychology & Counselling, Social Work|
|Job Field||Health, Mental Health and Counselling|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Location||New England NSW|
- Tertiary qualifications in health, counselling, behavioural or social sciences.
- Demonstrated assessment and counselling experience in a cross-cultural context.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues affecting refugees in particular resettlement issues, and the effects of torture on individuals, young people, families, and communities.
- Relevant clinical group work and training skills.
- Excellent oral, written communication and interpersonal skills and ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team within a multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of the cultures and health needs of refugee communities in Armidale and Northern NSW.
- Knowledge and experience in community development, community liaison and advocacy.
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence.
*This position is considered child-related employment and will require a Working with Children Background Check and a National Police Check.
COVID -19 REQUIREMENTS
*In line with the Public Health Order, all STARTTS workers are considered Health Workers and are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In order to be eligible for consideration for employment with STARTTS, all recruits must provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19, or alternatively provide a Medical Contraindication in the approved form which complies with the requirements of the Public Health Order, prior to appointment. Should you not be able to comply before your commencement date, the offer of employment may be withdrawn.
- Experience in working with children and adolescents in a clinical setting.
- Knowledge of local communities in Armidale and available services.
Enquiries: Mr Mark Davis; Rural & Regional Team Leader on 02 9646 6700
Work Type: Full-time. Contract to 30 June 2024 (Continuation subject to ongoing funding) Location: Armidale
Salary: Health Education Officer, or other relevant classification based on qualifications, experience and requirements of the role under the NSW Health Awards. A generous salary packaging scheme is also offered to reduce the taxable income and increase the take home pay.
How to Apply
To view the position description (including selection criteria) and instructions on how to submit your application, please refer to the jobs section of STARTTS website: https://www.startts.org.au/jobs/
- Fill out the STARTTS Application for Employment Form
- Write a Statement Against the Selection Criteria outlining how you meet the selection criteria (see the guide “How to apply for a job at STARTTS“)
- Submit an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Provide copies of relevant Qualifications if applicable (overseas qualification must be assessed by an appropriate Australian body to be considered)
- Statements of Service from previous relevant roles (if applicable, please ask us for a sample)
- A cover letter is optional.
- Email your applications to: STTS-Jobs@health.nsw.gov.au
Closing date: Friday 15 July 2022
NB: Depending on the role, if appointed, you may need a current ‘NSW Working With Children Check’ clearance, follow this link for information on how to apply of your check: https://ocg.nsw.gov.au/working-children-check
Do you want to work in one of Australia’s leading organisations providing treatment and rehabilitation to torture and trauma survivors; that’s quality focused, diverse & committed to making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people in communities?
Come & join us!
"STARTTS is a not-for-profit Affiliated Health Organisation focused on providing a broad range of services to refugees in NSW. The focus of STARTTS approach is on building capacity and empowering people and communities to take control over their own lives, using a strengths-based approach and building on individual, family, community and cultural strengths."
|Contact||Mark Davis; Rural & Regional Team Leader|
|Phone number||02 9646 6700|