We are currently searching for an experienced, motivated and empathetic Patient Support Manager to join our Patient Support Program.
Our Patient Support Program is the heart of what we do. Australians diagnosed with a rare or less common cancer have typically been offered very little in the way of support after diagnosis. The Patient Support Program provides patients with a centre of knowledge, guidance, advice and hope. The team aims to provide practical, emotional and financial support to people diagnosed with a rare or less common cancer.
This position will be responsible for:
- providing navigation to patients and their families
- supporting and supervising our Specialist Cancer Navigators
- pro-actively identifying and designing new ways to meet the needs of our patients
- initiating new resources to support people living with RLC cancers
- networking with cancer centres and Health Care Professionals to communicate our patient support services
- participate in the facilitation of our support groups
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Psychology & Counselling|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
- Tertiary qualification in one or more of the following areas: social work, counselling, primary/community health development, health promotion, social sciences or allied health.
- At least two (2) years of supervision, management of staff, training and development experience.
- Experience in the health services sector.
- Previous experience working with a person-centred model of care.
- Natural problem-solving skills.
- Creative in finding solutions and understanding the importance of good quality-evidence-based information.
- Current working with children check and police clearance.
- Have your own vehicle and be willing to undertake interstate travel from time to time.
- Understanding of the cancer experience in Australia and the ability to navigate the healthcare system in Australia.
- Have excellent aptitude with technology
- Demonstrate outstanding communication skills
- Previous experience working in a health-related Not-For-Profit or charity.
How to Apply
Please contact 0429 507 199 for further details or apply at email@example.com
Rare Cancers Australia
Rare Cancers Australia is a national not-for-profit health promotion charity based in the Southern Highlands of NSW, which advocates for and provides support to people affected by a rare or less common (RLC) cancer diagnosis.
|Phone number||0429 507 199|