- Join a leading social justice law and policy centre
- Engage the public and decision-makers and influence debate on issues that matter
- Full time position with flexible working available
The Public Interest Advocacy Centre is a leading social justice law and policy centre. We build a fairer, stronger society by helping to change laws, policies and practices that cause injustice and inequality. Our priorities include reducing homelessness, First Nations justice, climate change and social justice, equality and non-discrimination, asylum seeker health rights and the fair use of police powers.
PIAC offers a dynamic workplace where wellbeing is promoted, and flexibility supported.
Reporting to the Director, Policy and Advocacy, you will work across the organisation to develop and deliver effective communication strategies to help achieve PIAC’s purpose and achieve impact. This includes:
- Using traditional and social media to expose injustice and disadvantage
- Producing effective publications and direct communications with PIAC’s supporters
- Working with PIAC staff and clients to enable them to engage effectively with the media
- Responding to media enquiries and develop relationships with media agencies and journalists
Ideally, you have experience delivering multi-platform content, particularly in an advocacy or campaign context. Otherwise, you have experience working with media, have existing networks and can identify and develop media opportunities. Additionally, you have exceptional writing skills, can produce compelling content, with experience in:
- Devising, implementing, managing, and evaluating media and communications strategies
- Project management skills, with ability to produce high-quality work to deadline
- Demonstrated capacity to work effectively with a team to produce results
Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander people are strongly encouraged to apply.
If you can secure opportunities to promote PIAC’s work and build the organisation’s reputation as a reliable source of comment, please send your resume along with a covering letter and responses to the knowledge, skills and experience section included in the attached position description.
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Media, Communications & Marketing|
|Job Field||Advocacy, Information & Campaigns|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Salary Range||$90,001 +|
How to Apply
Inquiries should be directed to Alastair Lawrie via firstname.lastname@example.org. Please send your application to email@example.com, including Media and Communications Manager in the subject field. Please note there is no application close date, and we invite you to apply as soon as possible.
Public Interest Advocacy Centre