The Philanthropy Officer will be responsible to support and assist with the administration of all fundraising programs including key constituent groups, major donors, planned giving, individual giving, digital fundraising, events and fundraising campaigns, as well as assisting in donor stewardship.
The Philanthropy Officer position will support JRS’ Philanthropy and Development Coordinator in all fundraising-related activities in alignment with the mission of JRS Australia. This role will also support media and communications where donors or prospects are the main audience and be responsible for the maintenance of information and databases. The post holder will also work closely with the Communications Coordinator, the Office Manager, the Accountant and other staff members and volunteers in increasing philanthropic giving to JRS Australia and gaining support from individuals and prospective donors.
This is a three day per week position (0.6 FTE), One year contract (with possibility of renewal depending on funding).
|Applications Close||December 2, 2020|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Administrations & Support, Community Development, Media, Communications & Marketing|
|Employment Basis||Part Time, Contract|
- Bachelor's degree in marketing, communications or relevant discipline, preferred with experience in fundraising activities.
- High level computer literacy skills, including the use of MS Office, Google Drive,
online database/reporting systems and management of relevant software.
- Excellent oral, written, and interpersonal communication skills. including drafting and proofreading skills.
- Strong organisational and administrative skills with a good attention to detail.
- Excellent customer service skills including the ability to answer enquiries in a swift and professional manner.
- Ability to work independently and capacity and enthusiasm to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a multi-disciplinary team
- Capacity to manage competing deadlines, prioritise workload appropriately and work in a professional and flexible manner.
- Adherence to the mission and values of Jesuit Refugee Services and the Australian Jesuit Province.
- Commitment to human rights, equality and social change and a passion for the rights of people seeking asylum and refugees.
- Good understanding of issues concerning people seeking asylum and refugees.
- Experience within the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience supporting fundraising/giving programs
- Experience working with a CRM Database (like Donman, Salesforce).
- Ability to film, edit and produce videos.
- People with lived refugee experience are strongly encouraged to apply.
Applicants will be subject to a Working with Children Check and the National Criminal Record Check.
Thank you for your interest in working with Jesuit Refugee Service Australia.
How to Apply
If you would like further information about the Philanthropy Officer position, please contact: Alma Gatica, firstname.lastname@example.org or 9055 6271.
To apply, please address the selection criteria and send your response, along with your resume and a cover letter to: email@example.com by 5pm, Wednesday 2nd December 2020.
Jesuit Refugee Service
Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to accompany, serve and advocate for the rights of refugees and forcibly displaced people.