MDAA is seeking applications for the position of Manager of Capacity Building Team and NDIS Appeals Team.
The Manager of Capacity Building Team will lead and inspire a team of individual advocates and NDIS Appeals officers. The role is to get a fairer deal for people from diverse backgrounds with disability and their families.
The Manager creates ongoing opportunities to benefit consumers from diverse backgrounds with disability, e.g. by delivering advocacy, community engagement forums and ongoing staff training.
The Manager establishes good working relationships with consumers, members, staff and other stakeholders.
Your major responsibilities will include:
- Manage the day to day delivery of disability advocacy and NDIS Appeals services
- Supervise and support team work (face to face, teleconference, videoconference, and travel to regional offices)
- Work with Intake Officer to monitor the intake of new consumers
- Allocate new consumers to team including advocacy and/or support coordination and monitor caseload
- Maintain the quality assurance and continuous improvement by undertaking regular reviews of correspondence, file reviews, performance reviews and regular supervision
- Provide team with ongoing training to ensure skills, experience and knowledge continues to grow and expand
- Assist with recruitment and induction of staff
- Provide case advice and assistance in complex or ethically difficult cases
- Review and update the training Manual/procedures at least annually
Work closely with the Executive Officer to prepare for third party verification audits
- Work closely with the Executive Officer to ensure operational systems work smoothly and meet the needs of clients and advocacy staff (e.g. Admin support, CDS, intake system)
- Manage delivery of capacity building to community including consumer forums
- Monitor client feedback and complaints in accordance with MDAA policy and procedure
- Assist team to research, identify, prioritise, plan and monitor work
|Applications Close||March 3, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Field||Advocacy, Information & Campaigns|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Location||South West Sydney|
- Relevant tertiary qualifications or equivalent experience in advocating for people's rights
- Strong knowledge of the disability sector including disability advocacy, NDIS and support coordination, government and non-government organisations, and relevant legislation/regulations
- Demonstrated experience in the supervision and management of staff
- Ability to train, monitor and evaluate advocacy work and support coordination
- Demonstrated high-level interpersonal skills, including the capacity to communicate and work effectively with people from diverse backgrounds, conflict resolution and mediation skills
- Ability to exercise sound judgment and make independent decisions
- Must have strong written communication skills and strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Ability to identify and address systemic issues
- IT proficiency
- Understanding of and commitment to social justice
- Community development and networking or management of people
How to Apply
Applicants must address all of the selection criteria. Send your application to:
Confidential, Susan Laguna
PO Box 884, Granville NSW 2142 or, MDAA email@example.com
Applications close: COB Wednesday 3 March 2021
Previous applicants need not apply.
Multicultural Disability Advocacy Association of NSW
The Multicultural Disability Advocacy Association (MDAA) is the leading NSW advocacy agency for people from non-English speaking (NESB) and culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds with disability and their families. MDAA is an equal opportunity employer and we apply an affirmative action policy for people from NES/CALD background with disability.
|Phone number||02 98916400|