The Manager, DCC works closely with the DCC Management Committee (‘Committee’). The position is responsible for the overall management, administration and supervision of DCC, its staff and services and the daily operations of DCC. This encompasses the planning, implementation and evaluation of programs and services, to ensure that they are meeting the needs of the local community and DCC’s purposes.
This is the senior staff position that ensures that the provision of services by the staff and volunteer teams comply with DCC’s goals and objectives; policies and procedures; and funding conditions and agreements.
Skills and Experience:
- Must have relevant Degree qualifications such as community development / services, social sciences, social work, psychology.
- Must have strong computing skills in Microsoft Office suite.
- Must have at least 7 years’ experience working in management in the community public sector
- Must have excellent leadership skills.
- Must have strong interpersonal skills, be approachable, friendly, empathetic and welcoming to all people they come into contact with in the role.
- Must have excellent planning, organisation and time management skills
- Must be ethical at all times and must have the ability to maintain confidentiality and able to work with a diverse community of residents, volunteers, members, hirers, staff, Management Committee members, funding organisations, local businesses and community organisations.
- Must be able to work independently as well as part of the team.
- Demonstrated ability to liaise with a diverse range of service providers related to the community.
- Must be proactive and demonstrate initiative and drive to establish, coordinate and administer programs to support the community.
- Must be committed to risk management, Equal Employment Opportunity, and Work Health and Safety principals.
Work type: Permanent, part-time position, 30 hours per week
Location: Drummoyne, NSW
What you get:
- A friendly and supportive work environment.
- Opportunities for giving back to community.
- Opportunities for up-skilling.
- High level of role diversity.
- Excellent location well connected by public transport
- Attractive salary commensurate with Level 7 SCHADS Award, plus superannuation plus option of salary sacrifice
|Applications Close||April 20, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Administrations & Support, Management|
|Employment Basis||Part Time, Ongoing|
|Location||Inner West Sydney|
How to Apply
Your application must include a current resume and cover letter addressing the Essential Criteria - Qualifications/ Experience/ Skills section of the Position Description and at least 2 referees.
You can email your resume and cover letter to the email address email@example.com
It is a requirement for the applicants to be an Australian Citizen, Permanent Resident or hold a valid work permit or visa. We will check work eligibility as part of the process.
You may need to provide a Working with Children Check clearance, agreement to undertake a Police Check and current driver’s licence.
Drummoyne Community Centre
DCC is a not-for-profit organisation providing a caring, inclusive space where people of all ages connect. We service the suburbs from Drummoyne to Rhodes between Parramatta Road and the Parramatta River. We run a range of programs, workshops and services to support the community.
DCC provides community based programs to individuals, seniors, families and vulnerable members of Sydney’s Canada Bay area.
Join us and become a part of the journey and make a difference to the community!