ABOUT THE HAYMARKET FOUNDATION
The Haymarket Foundation is a local, secular, charitable organisation focused on supporting people experiencing homelessness, harm related to Alcohol and other drug (AOD) use and other disadvantage in Sydney.
The Haymarket Foundation exists to give opportunities to people marginalised by society. We understand the people we work with come from a background of complex trauma, and we use this understanding to advocate and deliver multidisciplinary services that are inclusive, safe, and offer freedom of choice.
The Manager AOD & Outreach, is a new leadership position, responsible for overseeing multiple programs dedicated to improving the lives of individuals experiencing homelessness and harm related to AOD use They will lead and support staff who deliver complex case management, living skills programs and support services for the Bourke Street Program, AOD Access program, Rapid Response Program and Sydney Homelessness Early Intervention Service (SHEIS).
They will work closely with the Manager Client Services to ensure that service delivery is aligned with Best Practice Frameworks and is compliant with quality standards and the organisation’s policies and procedures.
Duties include but not limited to:
- Lead the team to perform all job responsibilities utilising the principles of trauma informed, strengths-based care, access & equity, and cultural competency; and embed and lead a culture of continuous quality improvement.
- Support effective use of relevant theories, approaches and frameworks to ensure contemporary best practice service delivery.
- Contribute to the development and delivery of a Performance Management framework and set of related processes to ensure high quality service delivery, staff supervision, support and professional development.
- Prepare regular reports on program performance for the Haymarket Foundation’s funders and board.
- Ensure that the programs are delivering services in accordance with contractual obligations, funding body requirements and are compliant with relevant legislation, regulations and internal policies.
- Review and monitor budgets and expenditure for Outreach and AOD programs monthly.
- Contribute to the development of annual budgets for Outreach and AOD programs with the CEO.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with community partners, funders, and other stakeholders to support program goals and secure additional resources when needed.
|March 19, 2024
|NCOSS Community Jobs
|Leadership and Management, Psychology & Counselling, Social Work
|Alcohol & Other Drugs, Housing & Homelessness, Mental Health and Counselling
|Inner City Sydney
- A relevant tertiary degree or diploma (social work, psychology, community services )
- 5 years’ experience working in the area of homelessness, AOD, social work, or related fields, including working with complex clients in a residential setting.
- Comprehensive understanding of theories, approaches and practices in areas of intersectional homelessness, AOD, mental health, strength-based approach, trauma informed practice and cultural safety.
- Demonstrated aptitude for overseeing and managing program budgets as well as compliance and reporting requirements.
- Proven track record of managing performance and related administrative processes, such as rostering, while overseeing a team in a similar environment.
- Outstanding interpersonal skills, such as the capacity for cooperative work, de-escalation tactics, constructive communication, and dispute resolution
- Ability to work under pressure, organise and plan to effectively manage a complex working environment.
- Excellent level of computer literacy.
Location: Sydney - Chippendale or Sydney - Woolloomooloo
Salary: $95,000 - $107, 000 per annum + salary packaging (Level 6 SCHADS Award)
How to Apply
Applications must be lodged here
Applications close: 5:00 PM AEDT, 21st Feb 2024
The Haymarket Foundation