LWRC is seeking applications from suitably qualified and experienced applicants
for the position of Community Support Officer (casual). No two days will be the same as we get the ball rolling at LWRC and you will have a unique opportunity to help revive this iconic community hub in the Liverpool LGA.
The key focus of this role is to assist in the reopening of LWRC. A key outcome of your position will be to provide client support in the form of referrals, advocacy and information as well as restarting our Foodbank program.
This is a currently a casual role but LWRC will be advertising ongoing positions shortly which the successful applicant would be welcome to apply for.
- Restabilising and running Food Assistance/ Material Aid program
- Providing client support in the form of referrals, crisis support and information
- Organising and coordinating tasks involved in site maintenance
- Complying with and applying COVID safety measures and protocols, including NSW Government health directives.
- Ensuring accurate record keeping and data collection
- Other relevant tasks as directed by Service Manager
|Applications Close||November 14, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Community Development|
|Job Field||Advocacy, Information & Campaigns|
|Employment Basis||Part Time, Casual|
|Location||South West Sydney|
- Tertiary qualifications in a relevant discipline (Community Services, Social Work) or equivalent work experience.
- Minimum 2 years’ experience working in the community sector
- Demonstrated understanding of working with people who are impacted by trauma and related issues
- Ability to actively and respectfully engage women requiring support services and provide services as needed
- Demonstrated ability to work as part of a team, building networks and partnerships
- Time management/organisation: accomplish objectives effectively within time frame given and carry out administrative duties including record keeping efficiently
- Reliability and ability to maintain professional boundaries
- Fluency in a community language other than English
- Sound knowledge of South West Sydney area and its community services network
- First Aid Certificate
- Current Working with Children Check
- Undergo a current and satisfactory Police Check
- Current and valid NSW Driver Licence and access to a comprehensively insured vehicle
How to Apply
If you are passionate about making a difference in a role that is community focused and rewarding, we would love to hear from you!
Submit your resume via email to firstname.lastname@example.org
Contact details of two (2) references will be required at interview stage.
Liverpool Women's Resource Centre
At Liverpool Women’s Resource Centre (LWRC) we develop and deliver programs and services that are accessible to all women and their children, and promotes community cohesion by taking a woman centred approach. LWRC provides women with accurate information, access to, and participation in, a range of programs, and advocacy and support so that women can make well informed decisions, access and engage with support services and participate more fully in their community. Why LWRC? LWRC operates from within a feminist framework; one which promotes respect for, and inclusion of, women and their empowerment. You will have an opportunity to work in and help revive this iconic community hub in the Liverpool LGA. After a period of closure and transformation, LWRC is now ready to re-open its doors and services to the community.
|Contact||Service Manager, Asma|