We are looking for that super women the one that is highly motivated to support people who find themselves homeless and or impacted by Domestic abuse.
Flexibility with hours a must inclusive of days afternoons sleepovers and weekend work.
The women for the role will possess great organisation skills ability to problem solve sometimes on the run and support people with their day to day needs.
You will have great communication skills and ability to support and align yourself with the values or our organisation. Be a team player and also happy to work independently.
Kingsway Care prides itself on supporting staff to develop in their strengths and encourages staff to be actively involved in decision making and supporting us to move the housing projects forward.
We at Kingsway community care value belonging creating a home of compassion and providing more than just a roof over our guests heads.
|Applications Close||June 23, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Care & Support Work|
|Job Field||Housing & Homelessness|
|Location||South East Sydney|
- Tertiary qualifications (minimum Certificate IV) in Community Services, Social Work or related discipline. Or working towards.
- First aid
- Full Drivers license
- A willingness to support and promote the values and ethos of Kingsway Community Care.
- Flexibility with work hours.
- Must be available to fulfil weekend day and evening and sleep over shifts on a rotating roster.
- Ability to work as part of a team and independently.
- Demonstrated experience in building and maintaining collaborative relationships with key service providers.
- Experience working with people from culturally and linguistically diverse backgrounds and religions.
- Sound understanding of child protection issues.
- Demonstrate an ability to work effectively with crisis clients experiencing homelessness, mental health issues, domestic and family violence and/or alcohol and other drug addictions.
- Have a high level of confidence and ability to manage and respond in crisis and emergency situations.
- High level of organisational skills.
- Willingness to undertake further training for professional development.
- Excellent communication skills both written and verbal.
- Excellent computer skills.
- High level of organisational ability.
- Criminal history check and clear Working with Children’s Check.
- Current full drivers licence.
- Current first aid
- Kingsway Community Care Inc considers being a woman is a genuine occupational qualification for this position under section 31 of the Anti-Discrimination Act 1977 (NSW).
- Mental health first aid certificate
- Experience working with complex clients
- Demonstrate an understanding of trauma informed care.
- Actively involved in church.
Past applicants need not apply.
How to Apply
Please send resume and covering letter addressing essential criteria and work experience to email@example.com by close of business 23rd June 2021
Kingsway Community Care - Platform Nine
Platform Nine is a community of compassion which exists to provide temporary and crisis accommodation for individuals or families who have survived domestic violence or been impacted by homelessness. Through providing emergency accommodation it is our mission to connect, support, and empower people toward longer term housing solutions and independent living.
Our culture is one that is founded on safety, family, community, and belonging. Everything we do has our clients best interests in mind. This means we are client-centred, non-judgemental, and we don't discriminate based on any race, religion, gender, or sexuality. Platform Nine is a genuinely inclusive accommodation service that meets the needs of everyone who accesses our services.
|Contact||Kingsway Community Care - Platform Nine|