Kinchela Boys Home Aboriginal Corporation (KBHAC) based in Waterloo, Sydney is recruiting for an Aboriginal Case Worker, to join their Kin Connect Program. This is a 12 month full time (38 hours per week) position with a possible extension dependant on funding.
Position Grade: SCHADS Level 4 (min 4.1 to max. 4.4) $1,391.54 per week to $1,497.28 per week depending on experience plus superannuation and generous salary packaging
About the Position
KBHAC provides casework support to Kinchela Boys Home (KBH) survivors, their descendants and families. We are looking for a passionate individual with knowledge of the Stolen Generations and casework skills and experience in supporting Stolen Generations survivors their descendants and families.
This position will also assist with community awareness and promotional activities about KBHAC programs and connecting survivors, descendants and family members to the organisation and each other. KBHAC has a Sydney and Kempsey office and this position is based in Sydney at the Waterloo office.
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Care & Support Work|
|Job Field||Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Location||Inner City Sydney|
- Qualifications which may include University or TAFE certification that is relevant to the position, and/or relevant work experience or extensive life skills
- Qualifications which may include University or TAFE certification that is relevant to the position, and/or work experience or extensive life skills
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of the Stolen Generations and issues affecting Stolen Generations survivors, their descendants and families.
- Demonstrated understanding of the complex issues impacting KBHAC Uncles and descendants.
- Experience working with children, adolescents, families and communities and providing social, emotional and cultural wellbeing services and programs.
- Demonstrated understanding of a strengths-based framework.
- Highly organised with effective planning and prioritising
- Excellent interpersonal skills and ability to work collaboratively with staff and programs across KBHAC and with external stakeholders (including community service providers and government agencies)
- Case management experience
- Must have valid NSW Drivers Licence
- Must be able to travel around Sydney for this role
- Valid National Police Check and Working with Children Check
How to Apply
Send your application - a cover letter addressing the criteria and your CV to Louise Hammond, Team Leader Kin Connect at email@example.com or Shane Brown at firstname.lastname@example.org. If you have any questions about the role or KBHAC as a service you can call Louise on 0412 854 054 or Shane on 0408 257 986.
We look forward to hearing from you.
Applications will be reviewed as they arrive applicants will be contacted directly if chosen for interview.
Kinchela Boys Home Aboriginal Corporation
Kinchela Boys Home Aboriginal Corporation (KBHAC) is a survivor led Aboriginal community-controlled organisation established to help restore and reconstruct the identity, dignity and integrity of Aboriginal men who were forcibly removed from their families and put into the Kinchela Boys Home (KBH), and to address the intergenerational trauma that adversely impacts on the lives of the men’s families and descendants. We are a registered National Disability Insurance Scheme (NDIS) provider.
KBHAC is committed to empowering, positive, healthy peer support models that enable greater inclusion in community life. These models address the rebuilding and strengthening of identity and family structures. We provide tailored services to KBH survivors and their families and also support the broader community through our Connecting Abilities Program which supports Aboriginal people with a disability, their families and carers.
|Contact||Kinchela Boys Home Aboriginal Corporation|
|Phone number||0412 854 054|