The Child and Family Worker, Community Development - 2 positions available.
The Community Development positions are funded under the Targeted Early Intervention Funding (TEI), NSW State Government. The child and family, community development role will work with children, their families or carers and local communities to develop community connections, provide a community hub, provide community support and where needed targeted support in the form of child development and parental support.
The Community Development Role objectives:
1. Develop Community Connections activity and programs that engage the community, involve sector planning, sector coordination, provide education and skills development, information and referral and encourage social participation.
2. Provide a Community Hub for the community to engage in programs and activities, education and skills development, information, referral and advice and take part in social participation.
3. Provide Community Support through advocacy and support, education and skills development, information and referral and social participation.
4. Provide Targeted Support to families and children though program and activities, inclusive of supported playgroups and parenting programs.
5. Actively engage and support Aboriginal Children, Families and Communities by initiating and/ or facilitating Aboriginal activities to promote social participation and healing through the development of greater connection to Aboriginal culture, language and traditions. This could include social, cultural, recreational, art or language activities / workshops or linking up members of a community around a shared issue, memorial days, or reconciliation activities.
6. Ensure a safe, healthy and supportive workplace operates for all employees, volunteers, students and Management Committee members of Karabi Community & Development Services Inc.
|Applications Close||February 8, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Community Development|
|Job Field||Aboriginal & Torres Strait Islander|
|Employment Basis||Part Time|
A relevant tertiary Degree or Diploma qualification in Social or Community Studies, and experience in child, family and community development service provision.
- A relevant tertiary Degree or Diploma qualification in Social or Community Studies, and experience in child, family and community development service provision.
- Demonstrated understanding of the Targeted Early Intervention (TEI) Program.
- Demonstrated ability to undertake community based research, collate data for the purpose of evaluation and high level of computer skills.
- Demonstrated knowledge, understanding and experience in person centred, strength based, trauma informed child, family and community development practices.
- Demonstrated knowledge and experience in the project management of community activities and programs, inclusive of design, implementation, budgeting, evaluation and reporting.
- Demonstrated ability to develop and foster relationships with a range of stakeholders, to effectively work with people from different ages/ gender groups, people from diverse social and cultural backgrounds.
- Experience working with Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander children, families and communities.
- Demonstrated skills and experience in facilitating parent education programs.
- High level verbal and written communication skills
- A current driver’s license and comprehensively insured car.
1. Qualifications in facilitating parent education programs.
2. Experience in working with Young People.
3. Understanding of CHSP – Commonwealth Home Support Program for Seniors
4. Understanding of NDIS – National Disability Support Scheme
How to Apply
APPLICATIONS: 2 Positions Available
Opens: 14 January 2020
Closes: 10am, 8 February 2021
Contact: For more information or to obtain an application pack P 02 9631 6575 or E email@example.com
Applications: ONLY applications addressing ALL of the Essential and Desirable Criteria will be considered for Interviews.
Address: PO Box 181 Pendle Hill 2145
Karabi Community and Development Services Inc.
Karabi Community & Development Services is a non profit organisation consisting of three community centres situated in Constitution Hills, Seven Hills and Wentworthville.
Support, Activities, Events and Services are provided to our community for children, youth, individuals, families, seniors, those with disabilities and local communities within Cumberland, Blacktown and Parramatta LGA's.
|Contact||Karabi Community and Development Services Inc.|
|Phone number||02 9631 6575|