The Communication and Events Officer supports the organisation in its communications and events planning. This ranges from organising the biennial Homelessness NSW conference to arranging Industry webinars to coordinating our monthly e-bulletins to managing our website and mailing lists.
The key responsibilities of the position are to:
- Develop and implement an organisational media and communications strategy
- Organise public events including the biennial conference and industry webinars
- Maintain website and CRM
- Prepare e-bulletins and other organisational communication
- Support the social media and media functions of the organisation
- Provide limited administrative support for events and meetings
- Keep abreast of homelessness policy and service delivery, particularly in NSW
- Other duties consistent with the position and as directed from time to time by the immediate manager
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Media, Communications & Marketing|
|Job Field||Housing & Homelessness|
|Employment Basis||Part Time|
- Experience in communication and/or events management
- High quality project management skills, including an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines
- Strong written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work in partnership with a range of stakeholders
- Ability to work independently and in a small team
- Understanding of communication tools and web management
The position is paid at SCHCADS Level 6. It is a part-time position available for a minimum of 21 hours per week and a maximum of 28 hours per week.
How to Apply
To apply please email firstname.lastname@example.org
Homelessness NSW is a not for profit organisation that operates as a peak agency for its 140 member organisations to prevent and reduce homelessness across NSW. Our members include small, locally based community organisations, multiservice agencies with a regional reach and large state-wide service providers. Homelessness NSW has a vision of NSW where no-one is homeless or at risk of homelessness. Its purpose is to advocate and provide leadership on homelessness issues across NSW and to support effective service delivery to those who are homeless or at risk of homelessness.
- develops and assesses policies that impact on homelessness;
- advocates to Governments, business and the broader community to improve policy and program initiatives that affect homelessness;
- provides extensive information and education about the causes of homelessness and the diverse program and service delivery approaches that are taken to tackle it;
- provides significant amounts of support and advice regarding organisational change and development and service delivery design in the homelessness sector
- works collaboratively with other peak housing, homelessness and broader human services organisations at the NSW and national level Program background;
Homelessness NSW also manages the NSW Homelessness Industry and Workforce Strategy. The Homelessness Industry and Workforce Development Strategy aims to support the Specialist Homelessness Services sector to meet the Homelessness Quality Assurance System standards and includes a range of projects, resources and tools to achieve this.
|Phone number||0425 288 446|