Do you want to work in one of Australia’s leading organisations providing treatment and rehabilitation to torture and trauma survivors; that’s quality focused, diverse & committed to making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people in communities?
Come & join us!
"STARTTS is a not-for-profit Affiliated Health Organisation focused on providing a broad range of services to refugees in NSW. The focus of STARTTS approach is on building capacity and empowering people and communities to take control over their own lives, using a strengths-based approach and building on
individual, family, community and cultural strengths."
The Counsellor/Project Officer position is designed to provide individual and group clinical assessment and treatment to traumatised clients; collaborate with communities and deliver training to other service providers.
This position is located in Direct Services Teams and will be based in STARTTS Sydney Metropolitan Offices. The position will involve regular travel to other areas of Sydney.
Work Type: Full-time; 38 hours per week. Contract up to 30 June 2025 (Continuation subject to ongoing funding)
Location: Blacktown NSW
Salary: Health Education Officer, or other relevant classification based on qualifications, experience and requirements of the role under the NSW Health Awards. A generous salary packaging scheme is also offered to reduce the taxable income and increase the take home pay.
|Reference No.||Position No: 1053|
|Applications Close||June 30, 2023|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Psychology & Counselling, Social Work|
|Job Field||Health, Mental Health and Counselling|
|Employment Basis||Contract, Full Time|
- Tertiary qualifications in health, counselling, behavioural or social sciences.
- Demonstrated assessment and counselling experience in a cross-cultural context and experience in working with children, adolescents and adults in a clinical setting.
- Ability to provide assessment and treatment to children and adolescents.
- Demonstrate capacity to provide clinical group treatment and demonstrate training skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues affecting refugees in particular resettlement issues, and the effects of torture on individuals, young people, families, and communities.
- Knowledge of cultures and health needs of refugee communities in Sydney Metropolitan areas and experience in community development, community liaison and advocacy.
- Excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office and ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team within a multicultural environment.
- Current NSW Driver’s Licence.
- Knowledge of local communities in Sydney metropolitan areas and available services.
*This position is considered child-related employment and will require a Working with Children Background Check and a National Police Check.
*In line with NSW Health & STARTTS Policies, all STARTTS workers are considered Health Workers and are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In order to be eligible for consideration for employment with STARTTS, all recruits must provide evidence of three vaccinations against COVID-19, or alternatively provide a Medical Contraindication in the approved form which complies with the requirements of NSW Health & STARTTS Policies, prior to appointment.
Should you not be able to comply before your commencement date, the offer of employment may be withdrawn.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please ensure you address the selection criteria as thoroughly as possible.
- Complete a STARTTS Application for Employment Form
- Write a Statement Against the Selection Criteria outlining how you meet the selection criteria (see the guide “How to apply for a job at STARTTS“)
- Submit an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae (CV)
- Provide copies of relevant Qualifications if applicable (overseas qualification must be assessed by an appropriate Australian body to be considered)
- Statements of Service from previous relevant roles (if applicable, please ask us for a sample)
- A cover letter is optional.
- Email your application and supporting documents to: STTS-Jobs@health.nsw.gov.au
NB: Depending on the role, if appointed, you may need a current ‘NSW Working With Children Check’ clearance, follow this link for information on how to apply of your check: https://ocg.nsw.gov.au/working-children-check/applicant
STARTTS - NSW Servie for the Treatment and Rehabilitation of Torture and Trauma Survivors
|Contact||Fatana Rahimi; Direct Services Team Leader|
|Phone number||02 9854 7300|