The Counsellor/Project Officer position is designed to provide individual and group clinical assessment and treatment to traumatised clients; collaborate with communities and deliver training to other service providers. This position is located in Direct Services Teams and will be based in STARTTS Sydney Metropolitan Offices. The position will involve regular travel to other areas of Sydney.
Skills and Qualifications Required
- Tertiary qualifications in health, counselling, behavioural or social sciences.
- Demonstrated assessment and counselling experience in a cross-cultural context and experience in working with children, adolescents and adults in a clinical setting.
- Demonstrated capacity providing clinical group treatment and demonstrated training skills.
- Demonstrated understanding of the issues affecting refugees in particular resettlement issues, and the effects of torture on individuals, young people, families, and communities.
- Proven excellent oral, written and interpersonal communication skills and proficiency in the use of Microsoft Office.
- Ability to work independently and as part of a multidisciplinary team within a multicultural environment.
- Knowledge of the cultures and health needs of refugee communities in Sydney Metropolitan areas and experience in community development, community liaison and advocacy.
- Hold a current NSW Driver’s Licence.
- Knowledge of local communities in Sydney metropolitan areas and available services.
- Dari/Farsi speaking counsellor.
*This position is considered child-related employment and will require a Working with Children Background Check and a National Police Check.
COVID -19 REQUIREMENTS
*In line with the Public Health Order, all STARTTS workers are considered Health Workers and are required to be vaccinated against COVID-19. In order to be eligible for consideration for employment with STARTTS, all recruits must provide evidence of vaccination against COVID-19, or alternatively provide a Medical Contraindication in the approved form which complies with the requirements of the Public Health Order, prior to appointment.
|Applications Close||June 10, 2022|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Psychology & Counselling, Social Work|
|Job Field||Health, Mental Health and Counselling|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
Position No: 1050
Enquiries: Adriana Karapetian – Direct Services Team Leader on 02 9646 6666
Work Type: Full-time; 38 hours per week. Contract up to 30 June 2024 (Continuation subject to ongoing funding)
Location: Sydney Metropolitan area NSW
Salary: Health Education Officer, or other relevant classification based on qualifications, experience and requirements of the role under the NSW Health Awards. A generous salary packaging scheme is also offered to reduce the taxable income and increase the take home pay.
How to Apply
To be considered for this position, please ensure you address the selection criteria as thoroughly as possible.
- Fill out the STARTTS Application for Employment Form
- Write a Statement Against the Selection Criteria outlining how you meet the selection criteria (see the guide “How to apply for a job at STARTTS“)
- Submit an up-to-date Curriculum Vitae
- Provide copies of relevant Qualifications if applicable (overseas qualification must be assessed by an appropriate Australian body to be considered)
- Statements of Service from previous relevant roles (if applicable, please ask us for a sample)
- A cover letter is optional.
- Email your applications to: STTS-Jobs@health.nsw.gov.au
Closing date: Friday 10 June 2022
NB: Depending on the role, if appointed, you may need a current ‘NSW Working With Children Check’ clearance, follow this link for information on how to apply of your check: https://ocg.nsw.gov.au/working-children-check
Do you want to work in one of Australia’s leading organisations providing treatment and rehabilitation to torture and trauma survivors; that’s quality focused, diverse & committed to making a difference in the lives of vulnerable people in communities?
Come & join us!
"STARTTS is a not-for-profit Affiliated Health Organisation focused on providing a broad range of services to refugees in NSW. The focus of STARTTS approach is on building capacity and empowering people and communities to take control over their own lives, using a strengths-based approach and building on individual, family, community and cultural strengths."
|Contact||Adriana Karapetian – Direct Services Team Leader|
|Phone number||02 9646 6666|