Come work with us! Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) Australia is looking for a driven, self-starting individual with skills in digital and social media engagement, running a website, and producing multimedia content. The right candidate will also have a commitment to social change, and the rights of all persons, and will be passionate about the rights of refugees and people seeking asylum.
People with lived experience of forced displacement are encouraged to apply.
The Digital Media and Communications Coordinator will communicate JRS Australia’s
mission and activities to a wide and diverse base of stakeholders across multiple platforms.
The Digital Media and Communications Coordinator will be responsible maintaining and further developing JRS Australia’s new website, for disseminating the organisation’s key messages on our social media channels, and for producing multimedia content, including videos, photos, and written content for these channels. The Digital Media and Communications Coordinator will also be responsible for the delivery of JRS Australia’s annual report and print newsletters, as well as working with other staff to grow the organisation’s public profile.
|Applications Close||May 9, 2021|
|Job Board||NCOSS Community Jobs|
|Job Category||Media, Communications & Marketing|
|Job Field||Multiculturalism & Diversity, Community|
|Employment Basis||Full Time|
|Location||Inner City Sydney|
- Tertiary qualifications in communications, marketing or another relevant discipline.
- Minimum two years of experience in communications or marketing, preferably in the not-for-profit sector.
- Experience maintaining and developing a website, including an understanding of Search Engine Optimisation (SEO).
- Professional experience maintaining social media channels and engaging with
audiences across various social media platforms including Facebook, Twitter,
YouTube, and LinkedIn for a multitude of purposes (eg. campaigning and
- Excellent multimedia skills (ie. video, audio, photo editing), and the ability to develop
compelling content across multiple channels (website, social media, supporter
- Excellent copywriting and editing skills adaptable across a range of written and
- Excellent written and oral communication skills in English.
- Capacity to manage competing deadlines, prioritise workload appropriately and work in a professional and flexible manner.
- Capacity and enthusiasm to work collaboratively and effectively as part of a
multidisciplinary team comprising staff and volunteers.
- Adherence to the mission and values of JRS and the Australian Jesuit Province.
- Commitment to human rights and social change and a passion for the rights of
people seeking asylum and refugees
- Commitment to working within current Equal Employment opportunities (EEO), Work Health and Safety (WH&S), and child protection legislation.
- Good understanding of issues concerning people seeking asylum and refugees.
- Design skills and experience with the use of Adobe suite, Illustrator and
- Photoshop and/or experience with Canva
- Experience with email marketing software such as MailChimp.
- Experience with organising events.
- To be negotiated
- This is a three day per week position (0.6 FTE).
- Applicants will be subject to a Working with Children Check and the National Criminal Record Check.
How to Apply
Applications close Monday 9 May at 5:00PM. Please submit your cover letter, resume and responses to the selection criteria to: firstname.lastname@example.org
Jesuit Refugee Service
Jesuit Refugee Service (JRS) is an international Catholic organisation with a mission to
accompany, serve and advocate for the rights of refugees, people seeking asylum and forcibly displaced people. JRS works in situations of greatest need, where people are most vulnerable, where there are gaps in services and where partnerships can be formed to better serve all people seeking safety.
|Contact||Nishadh Rego, Policy, Advocacy, and Communications Manager.|
|Phone number||02 9356 3888|